4/19 in front of turtle creek bay 4/19 in front of turtle creek bay 4/19 in front of turtle creek bay 4/19 in front of turtle creek bay

Default 4/19 in front of turtle creek bay

First post for me so be gentle.

Launched from fenwick marina

Fishing was tough for me Tuesday this was my first time on the western basin of Erie picked up 2 on jigs before 8 am than not another bite the rest of the day. About 17 fow one in green and one on purple slow lift about 2 -3 feet off the bottom than slow back to the bottom. Should have went to trolling but I was by myself and trolling with no company can be mind numbing and some times a challenge setting up solo for me. Anyway

2 questions for anyone willing to share.

On the water Tuesday I am no stranger to rough waters fished Pacific Ocean Gulf of Mexico Chesapeake bay large reservoirs of the west where the wind always blows hard. Anyway It was to me anyway pretty sloppy waves not that they were big just sloppy and made for a tough day. Is that pretty normal or was that just with a north or east wind?

Also I was expermenting a bit with minnow placement one with a Minnie hooked only in the stinger hook and one with the minnow on the single hook on the other and caught fish each way.

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts. Bite was slow for me so I was just trying to do something different.

Jig a little faster and not so high. We have had good luck just snapping it up a foot or so. Thump the bottom. This has been working for us.

use drift bags to slow you down on windy days sometimes that slow lift works but change it up. small fast hops faster pull ups just make sure you thump the bottom I pull up a little faster up it helps me feel the fish better if you feel anything different at all on your line set the hook it may be a tick - bump or a little extra weight .have used minnows on both hooks but mainly just on the jig hook the minnow on the stinger likes to come around and tangle on you jig

Quote Originally Posted by Canonsburgrob View Post
    First post for me so be gentle.

Launched from fenwick marina

Fishing was tough for me Tuesday this was my first time on the western basin of Erie picked up 2 on jigs before 8 am than not another bite the rest of the day. About 17 fow one in green and one on purple slow lift about 2 -3 feet off the bottom than slow back to the bottom. Should have went to trolling but I was by myself and trolling with no company can be mind numbing and some times a challenge setting up solo for me. Anyway

2 questions for anyone willing to share.

On the water Tuesday I am no stranger to rough waters fished Pacific Ocean Gulf of Mexico Chesapeake bay large reservoirs of the west where the wind always blows hard. Anyway It was to me anyway pretty sloppy waves not that they were big just sloppy and made for a tough day. Is that pretty normal or was that just with a north or east wind?

Also I was expermenting a bit with minnow placement one with a Minnie hooked only in the stinger hook and one with the minnow on the single hook on the other and caught fish each way.

Just wondering if anyone had thoughts. Bite was slow for me so I was just trying to do something different.
    Sloppy waves is an understatement! I'm pretty proficient on Lk. Michigan and the waves there are like carbon copies of each other compared to Erie waves. They come from all directions, all sizes and all different durations. Makes for some uncomfortable small boat fishing on breezy or busy days.