Saturday jigging Saturday jigging Saturday jigging Saturday jigging

Default Saturday jigging

Went out of catawba about 2 .5 miles out. We had 3 man limit by noon. Kept smaller fish and released a few 10 11 pounders. After the fog rolled out the bite got fast and furious.
    Attached Images Attached Images Saturday jigging-20160312_160331-jpg 

What direction from Catawba? What seemed to be working? We tried for a few hours near Toussaint and got skunked. It was my 1st attempt at jiggin and I am looking for any pointers.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beepum19 View Post
    Went out of catawba about 2 .5 miles out. We had 3 man limit by noon. Kept smaller fish and released a few 10 11 pounders. After the fog rolled out the bite got fast and furious.
    Either you don't know how to count, or you forgot a fish in the cooler. Good job. I didn't think the jig bite would be good yet. What was water temp?

Great job on the jigging!!!!

Sorry I counted the three man limit because we did release a few fish that were gonna explode with eggs. We were hoping to catch a smaller male instead. I think the biggest female we kept was probably 8 pounds. The few we let go I would estimate close to 10 11 pounds. Figure I would be a good guy. We caught one on a purple hair jig and the rest on buckshot and vibes. The plan was to head to f can but the fog rolled in so we set the anchor and started catching. On gps we were south of f can only 2 miles out. It was 21 fow. We had flashers and used shiners just worked them off bottom. I usually tip my vibe with one minnow per treble hook that way the lure don't tangle. Be sure you can still feel the ripple of the blade bait when jigging. I jig more aggressive and always do really well. Just like ice fishing if the fish just look and don't bite. It's probably best to move and find more active fish. Overall it was a good day and we got lucky landing on some aggressive fish.

nice mess of fish