Where to launch and where to fish? Where to launch and where to fish? Where to launch and where to fish? Where to launch and where to fish?

Default Where to launch and where to fish?

HI Gang,

Thanks in advanced for any advice. I am bringing my boat west to toledo Friday to take my dad and brothers out for perch. We can launch anywhere from Bolle's (sp) Harbor to Davis Bessie, but want the best chance to score. Would like to launch from a ramp with a nice local bait shop for bait, good humor and local info....any suggestions? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redarrow View Post
    HI Gang,

Thanks in advanced for any advice. I am bringing my boat west to toledo Friday to take my dad and brothers out for perch. We can launch anywhere from Bolle's (sp) Harbor to Davis Bessie, but want the best chance to score. Would like to launch from a ramp with a nice local bait shop for bait, good humor and local info....any suggestions? Thanks

I dock at Meinke West. They have a nice launch ($), and there's a free launch between Anchor Pointe marina and Meinke if you don't want to pay.

I use Butch & Denny's Bait shop just down the road from Meinke. They always have bait, will tell you where the fish are, and will clean your fish when you're done.

This location will put you 3 miles SW of the Toledo Water Intake. From there you can fish the cans in front of Davis Bessie, West Sister Island, or the Toledo Shipping Channel pretty easy.

I don't work for either one of them and am not compensated at all. It's just where I dock and get my bait for the last 15 years.

Meinke Marina-West
    10955 Corduroy
    (419) 836-7774

Butch & Denny's Bait Shop

10408 Corduroy
    (419) 836-7351
    2003 Wellcraft Coastal 270

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

Lot of options in that area. This website has most of the boat launches in that area (Ohio) some with pictures, plus contact info. The Launch Ramps Page or the Interactive Page.

www.ilakeerie.com

Also the Lake Erie Links page has links to other launch ramp websites.

Hope that helps.

West