Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16 Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16 Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16 Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16

I had received a private message on my biz's Facebook page a couple weeks ago, where Tiffany asked if she could set up a surprise trip for her husband Aaron, because he follows my blog, and always talks about my trips with her, and shows their children the pictures of the fish we all catch. They live in Indiana, but fish Lake Erie out of Meinke's Marina where they keep their boat. So, he's always looking for info, like every one else is.

Anyway, she went so far as to get his boss involved, and the two of them set it up, so that he thought he was coming to Port Clinton to look at some used tool and die equipment. She had him out of the hotel at 5:30am, like she said she would, and I was sitting in my truck. When I saw them come around the back corner of the hotel, I heard Aaron say, "Hey, that's Capt Jul's rig". It still hadn't clicked, because he thought I was there waiting on another crew.

I hopped out of the truck, smiled, and said, "Good morning...are you ready to go fishing?" To which he looked very confused... then looked at his wife, who was grinning from ear to ear, who said, "Happy Anniversary! We're going fishing!"

He was stunned, but ready and willing to go, so we jumped in the truck and headed out to do the usual morning routine of getting gas, bait, ice, and breakfast before heading to Mazurik's to launch.

It was a nice morning, but the northeast rollers were still coming in from the winds the night before. The forecast was calling for 10-15 out of the E for the early morning, and then subsiding to less than 5 by late morning. Which it did just that.

Now, understand, that as much as I would like to give you the locations of my perch spots today....I can't. For a couple of reasons....one, I share these two spots with Capt Kevin Swartz, and he would like me to not publish it in my reports, so I have to honor his wishes. Sorry! All I will tell you is that it was east of the Bass Islands...not the west side.

The bigger perch, like we caught today, were attracted to rocky areas, where there isn't a lot of soft bottom. Find that, and you'll probably mark them on your electronics. When you find them....fish them. We also caught a lot of small walleye in these areas too.

We had a lot of fun today, and caught the best cooler of perch that any of my trips have caught this season. They went 35 pounds for 90 perch today....woot! woot!

I thought I had the day off tomorrow, but I picked up another perch trip for the morning....and, that ladies and gentlemen is the reason I don't want to tell anyone where I'm fishing at the moment. I hope you understand. I kind of like it with very few boats around from time to time.

Tomorrow's forecast looks much like it was today, so I'm hoping those fish will stay there overnight, and not move!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16-fishing-aaron-tiffany-battrick-9_21_16img_7526-jpg Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16-fishing-aaron-tiffany-battrick-9_21_16img_7523-jpg Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16-fishing-aaron-tiffany-battrick-9_21_16img_7520-jpg Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16-fishing-aaron-tiffany-battrick-9_21_16img_7519-jpg Fishing with Aaron and Tiffany Battrick 9/21/16-fishing-aaron-tiffany-battrick-9_21_16img_7516-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great Story! Thanks for the entertaining presentation of good info!!! Hope to get out there tomorrow and I will be looking for your boat!
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

That's a big box perch for the west end. That's a .40 average per fish. Hope they are still there next week when I fish with you.

Is that middle and Pelee I see in the background? Lol

Those are some nice looking perch. Hopefully we can find some this weekend

Thanks for sharing!

Weaved in and out of the Islands yesterday but could not see Capt. Juls. Settled on the area N. of N. Bass, between bouys, with about 6 other boats. Slowly picked 40 in 2 hours. Some of the largest perch I have caught this year mixed with a few smaller ones.

Good luck if your out again today Capt. Juls! and everyone else!

Any more tips??? Heading back out today, probably run right up to the same spot.
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    I think you should start a guess the location contest! Heck, maybe the winner even gets a free trip! Ha!

Assume it has been long enough ago now that I can wager a guess without incurring the wrath of Cap Jules (love her posts so (just like hone) would hate to get on her bad side....)

Based on my highly honed forensic fishing spot skills, the land masses in the background, the angles of the sun shadows, heck even wave direction that day my analytic model predicts midway between a line from SE corner of Kellys and Marblehead point. Let me know if my entry is even within 10 miles!

Thanks for all you share.

I guessed N. Bass and Pelee yesterday and came from the West side of middle, up and between middle and North hoping to see a few boats on the other side as I bent back to the North on East side of N. Bass. It just did not match the picture so I proceeded to join the small group at the bouys.

Still planning to get out of the "shop" in an hour or two and be back up there this afternoon to try for a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

My guess was correct.

I stayed well away from her boat until she left, Then I swooped in on the spot with exact precision!!!! Ha.
    Caught as many well away from THE SPOT!!!! as I did at THE SPOT. I was very stealthy I don't think she even seen me. That lady scares me.

Quote Originally Posted by D.D.E. View Post
    My guess was correct.

I stayed well away from her boat until she left, Then I swooped in on the spot with exact precision!!!! Ha.
    Caught as many well away from THE SPOT!!!! as I did at THE SPOT. I was very stealthy I don't think she even seen me. That lady scares me.
    LMAO!! Too funny...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters