In the market In the market In the market In the market

Thread: In the market

Default In the market

So back on the water this season with my own again. Primarily a caster from the earlier years. Got everything ready for trolling except boards. Planning on in lines just need info on which ones. Seems offshore is the way to go but I need some ideas on models and which clips? And best place to purchase. Thanks guys. And definitely planning on running tattle flags by the way.

Offshore OR12 are my inline of choice. Best price I know of is franks combo pack that come with the tattle flag kit
    http://franksgreatoutdoors-com.shopg...tem/3139393835

Also switch out the front clip to the OR18. Again franks has the best price around
    http://franksgreatoutdoors-com.shopg...tem/3238373832

Thanks Hookset Harvey! Appreciate the heads up. Thank you much!

No problem. Just wish I'd of found that deal before I bought my offshore boards lol.
    Happy trolling

Personal preference on inline boards like everything else. I also prefer Offshore, I make my own tattle flags. I use rubber bands and not the springs, much easier/faster to adjust tension to the correct level and get more tension when required, more so than the springs.
    If you ever take kids out fishing, and/or if you have arthritis. These are MUCH easier to attach/remove and will hold braided line if you choose. I've been using them for years.
    https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/...ip-436675.html
    If you want/need more info just ask.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

I have those church clips in the back of my boards, I can't tighten them enough to hold without wrapping them

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    I have those church clips in the back of my boards, I can't tighten them enough to hold without wrapping them
    Are you putting your line all the way into the back of the clip? Do you have the adj. super clips? if not that might also be your problem. I've tried a couple of the other church clips that are not the super clips. and they do not work as well. The fiber/plastic ones don't work well at all for holding line unless you want your line to release. Which works great for a front clip. I have my front clips set to release.
    Braid or mono, when hand holding the board in one hand, you can not pull the line out once at that spot. Many folks have hurt their hands trying to pull the line out with mine. I have replaced most of my clips after around 9 yrs due to the clip covering falling apart (that is a lot longer than Off shore clips). I still have a few that are still going strong.
    Also the interweb ad shows one clip. You actually get 2 per pack.

Yes adjustable super clips, tighten all the way down to the point the insert for the screw turns. All the way back. Mine have little black rubber boots over the clips, maybe that's why they don't hold.

I have the OR snappers up front. I would love to run the snappers in rear and some form of a releasing clip up front.

What front clips do you have to allows the braid to hold enough to pull, but easy enough to release?

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    I would love to run the snappers in rear and some form of a releasing clip up front.
    What front clips do you have to allows the braid to hold enough to pull, but easy enough to release?
    Just switch your clips. Since your super clips are not holding for you. And you should be all set. Yes I have found the black plastic covering on the clips your mentioning do not work as well as the clear ones. That is probably your problem. You can see the clear coating in the link I posted.
    I stopped running braid a few years ago and went to #17 mono. But I still used Offshore clips on the front and the super clips in the rear and no problems. I've never had to tighten them down more than one or two twists max. No further adjustments required.
    To release a front clip while the boards are out. Grab your rod infront of the reel, slap/smack the butt of the rod with your other hand. Trying to jerk a line out of a clip doesn't work very well and typically the board just comes loose ( out of both clips) and you have to chase the board. I fish with friends who use the snapper releases, and mine work with there set up/rods etc as good or better since you don't have all the problems of releasing a snapper release. I had a few hand surgeries a few years ago and have a real problem with Offshore clips. As do many children and others with arthritis. Others I fish with have all switched to using the adjustable super clips for the rear clips. The plastic black Church clips release quite well once you adjust them on the loose side and put your line half way back into the clip and completely to the rear in the super clips. Or if you have the orange or yellow Offshore clips, those release real well with the line placed half way back into the clip.
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by ebijack; 07-30-2016 at 11:41 AM.

I run 30# braid on my trolling reels and use the super clips for the front clip on my boards and on the wire that attaches the Tattletail flag to the fishing line. I have never had a problem with them. Like ebijack, some of my super clips have been in service for several years and still going strong.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip