Perch fishing Perch fishing Perch fishing Perch fishing

Thread: Perch fishing

Default Perch fishing

Hey guys & Gals just wondering what all your take is the best time of the year to book a charter with my grandkids for some fast action perch fishing this will be there first time out on a charter i take them out all the time on small inland lakes here in ill thanks i love the site buy the way you guys are the best

I would call skipper9 of eye hunter charters. Jim loves perch fishing. He is great at walleye but really loves perch.614-327-7144. We have been on several perch charters with him. Always a great time. They are family oriented, and Jim goes out of his way to do fun things with the kids too.

Normally late summer early fall is perch season, but jim will normal know when prime time will be

I agree on the perch bite being best in the western basin in late summer. I've also fished out of Conneaut in eastern Ohio. The perch bite turns on earlier out there. Perch fishing is actually decent right after the spawn. Deeper cooler water. From my experience, the average size fish is a bit bigger also. Don't know if you want to travel that far, but it's an option.

If you really want to show them world class perch fishing look up Big Dave's perch charters on the Canadian side of lake Erie, it is truly world class

Blog Entries

Default Perch

Quote Originally Posted by jdff21 View Post
    Hey guys & Gals just wondering what all your take is the best time of the year to book a charter with my grandkids for some fast action perch fishing this will be there first time out on a charter i take them out all the time on small inland lakes here in ill thanks i love the site buy the way you guys are the best
    The Charter Boats will just about always be the best bet for getting you out there and catching Yellow perch! Usually but not always, as the water cools in the late summer and into the fall the Perch bite and fish size increase at this end of the lake. Another option to consider might be a "Head Boat" trip. You'll find them in the Sandusky, Port Clinton area. Some offer special rates for children on certain days. They may be really productive some days and not even warm on others, you take your chances. For both styles, the Mates are there to help you and especially the kids. Tip Them Well if you think they did a great job.
    Check the web sites for both Charters and Head Boats. Ask as many questions as necessary, what's included: gear, bait, hours, ice, etc? License? Watch a few perch videos on the web and see what they're doing. Find the ideal bait to use. Look up the various fish cleaning services and the best ways to store your catch.
    (A tip, the day before you go out, if you can get down to the docks when they're coming in, watch the people when they unload and ask them how they did).
    Read this web site often and especially a week or so before you get here.