Catching more fish Catching more fish Catching more fish Catching more fish

Default Catching more fish

No one seems interested so this will be my last report for awhile. In the last week I made several trips to Conneaut and caught steelhead on every trip. Most have been at the entrance to the harbor and out into the lake about 300 yards. 1/2 oz KO's, 2/5 oz Lil Cleos and of all things, big HotnTots. Had 6 fish to the boat in less than 2 hours yesterday. Leads of 80' to 100' at 2.1 mph. I will hit this area until ice stops me. Stay warm and good luck. Dr. Ed Ch. 14

good report dr ed. and good luck to you. keep at it. if I lived close to erie I would be fishing for eyes and perch as long as the weather allowed and I was catching something. I like the fight of a steelhead but don't care much for eating them.

Sherman: Nice to hear from you. Hit the Conneaut ramp today at 9:00 AM and was done by 11:00 AM. (6 fish). Big silver and green and also gold HotnTots pulled 80' to 100' behind the boat at 2.1 mph. The lake was beautiful. Water temp 52. No wind.
    Cooking the trout is easy. After fileting the fish leaving the skin on and removing the line of lateral bones. I lay them skinside down on my gas grill and cook them just long enough to heat them thoroughly thruout. (about 7-10 minutes) I then cover them with McCormick's Lemon Dill sauce or the salad dressing of your choice. I love poppyseed and sweet and sour. Try it before you knock it and these trout are much better fresh rather than frozen. Until tomorrow........

dr ed like reading your posts how long do you think the steelhead will be there.i docked my boat at kisters marina this fall have you heard if anyones doing any good around there' reason asking buddy of mine at work is from up an says ill go for steelhead so want to get him on some thanks dave

Default Steelhead forecast

Dave, you can take steelhead all fall and winter. Until ice forms these fish are in the creek, the channel and the harbor at Conneaut. A friend of mine takes fish thru the ice in the marina all winter. Tomorrow I will be working the entrance to the harbor trolling big HotnTots and 1/2 oz KO Wobblers. A lot of steelhead are staging in that area altho a lot have already gone up stream and are being caught by waders. You can park your boat near the ramp. Ask Jack at Snug Harbor Bait and Tackle and he will point you in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Dave, you can take steelhead all fall and winter. Until ice forms these fish are in the creek, the channel and the harbor at Conneaut. A friend of mine takes fish thru the ice in the marina all winter. Tomorrow I will be working the entrance to the harbor trolling big HotnTots and 1/2 oz KO Wobblers. A lot of steelhead are staging in that area altho a lot have already gone up stream and are being caught by waders. You can park your boat near the ramp. Ask Jack at Snug Harbor Bait and Tackle and he will point you in the right direction.
    dr ed thanks for your reply on the steelhead . I got a dock at magee east mainly fish the west end for walleye 'and middle of july igo to kister marina in Ashtabula for perch' when I see you post I always read them good job staying on the fish.jim and the eyehunter team are another great bunch of of guys who are on top of the fish thanks again dave