Kicker motor fuel hook up Kicker motor fuel hook up Kicker motor fuel hook up Kicker motor fuel hook up

Default Kicker motor fuel hook up

Hey guys I just got a new boat it has a 2007 115 optimax on it and a 15 hp four stroke merc kicker. The previous owner had a portable gas tank on the back of the boat for the kicker. I don't want that there my old boat never had that so the question is can I just T off the main line for the main motor with two ball valves one for each after the T ? or will I have issues. Does the main motor being a fuel injection come into play? thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Crfmatt View Post
    Hey guys I just got a new boat it has a 2007 115 optimax on it and a 15 hp four stroke merc kicker. The previous owner had a portable gas tank on the back of the boat for the kicker. I don't want that there my old boat never had that so the question is can I just T off the main line for the main motor with two ball valves one for each after the T ? or will I have issues. Does the main motor being a fuel injection come into play? thanks !
    If you have a fuel water separator filter, which you should for obvious reasons, there should be an extra outlet port on the filter housing with a screw in plug. Make your connection there and eliminate any potential problems tying into the main motor fuel line such as vacum lock. You should be able to remove the fuel line connector that is currently on the portable fuel tank or get a new one for a few bucks and assemble/plumb it to the fuel water separator filter housing.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip