Perch today Perch today Perch today Perch today

Thread: Perch today

Default Perch today

My son from Indiana is here this weekend to perch fish. Stopped at our spot south of B can. 3 of us,me and one of my other sons, caught 90 perch in 3.5 hours. Some very nice , some nice and lot of average. 24 pounds at Cutchers. Shiners,full and half. Perch rigs. Cutchers getting lots of perch in.

How much are they charging this year for perch ? I know they do a fabulous job. thanks in advance, Mike

still a 1.25 lb. live wght. They do a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    My son from Indiana is here this weekend to perch fish. Stopped at our spot south of B can. 3 of us,me and one of my other sons, caught 90 perch in 3.5 hours. Some very nice , some nice and lot of average. 24 pounds at Cutchers. Shiners,full and half. Perch rigs. Cutchers getting lots of perch in.
    I fished just a little NW of those numbers and got 27 with a slow bite but they were a really nice grade of fish, they went 12# at the cleaners. Mostly 9's and 10's with no junk of any kind and no throw backs. Modified crappie rigs with goldens and fatheads mixed. Half minnows worked best for me in the mud. I just could not take the heat any longer so called it a day at 11:30. The bite was slow to non existent at the end so I called it quits.
    Last edited by wakina; 07-23-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default Perch

3 of us got 85 between toledo lighthouse and intake. Took from 8:30 to 3:00. Ran out of bait. A lot of small ones. 85 perch was 15lbs. at Butch and Dennys.

wheres the shinners or what kind of bait are you using for perch

AJ's, Nice size for whole shiner on hook. Bigger ones broke in half. Both worked.

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I fished just a little NW of those numbers and got 27 with a slow bite but they were a really nice grade of fish, they went 12# at the cleaners. Mostly 9's and 10's with no junk of any kind and no throw backs. Modified crappie rigs with golden and fatheads mixed. Half minnows worked best for me in the mud. I just could not take the heat any longer so called it a day at 11:30. The bite was slow to non existent at the end so I called it quits.
    Wow Derald...that is nice number at 2.25 to the lb! Good to see this size so early in the year. Wanted to get out this weekend but just couldn't see the 2 hour drive up and 2 back to fish a short time in that heat. Brutal at home today.