Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16 Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16 Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16 Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16

Default Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16

I had a customer reschedule for today, so I had called my other regular customers, Steve and Jeremy Chapman. They have fished with me for the past 5 years, so I know them very well, and they jumped at a chance to fish on a nice day...however...they asked if we could take their new boat out for the first time, and set it up to fish for walleye. I agreed, that I thought it would be a good idea too.

Jeremy bought a "new to him" 2003 23' Pro Line, and after some initial motor trouble at the dock, we got under way, and headed out to the area around the east side of the monument. The water was really muddy there yesterday, but was stacked with fish. Today it was perfect clarity, and we caught some fish. One was a fat 30 inch fish, that still had spawn in her.

I suggested we pick up lines, and move, knowing Jermey wanted to drive his new boat again. He was all for it, but his Dad said he wanted to drive, and so he did...and, we headed over towards Kelly's. On the way, we saw a pack of boats out in the middle between Kelly's and the monument, and decided to set lines again.

We were running Bandits 50-75 feet back, and everything came on 50, 55, and 65 back. Best colors were Fire Tiger, Blue Chrome, and Huff Daddy at a speed of 1.5-1.6 mph.

We went 5 for 7 today with two 30 inch walleye in the mix, and the boat fished well, so they were happy, happy, happy, and that made me happy.

Tomorrow is the first of a 5 day trip for two Montana fellas. They couldn't have picked a nicer week to come. The warmer temps and light winds will finally bring that water temperature up quickly, and those fish out there are going to go nuts on an exceptional bite....or, so I'm hoping. They drove a long way to get here, and U want them to get the experience they've been hoping for. The brownies are fresh out of the oven, and ready to go.

So...Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16-steve-jeremyimg_5876-jpg Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16-steve-jeremyimg_5884-jpg Fishing with the Chapman's 4/17/16-img_5873-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

You not only guide, you help people set up their boat - way to go, capt. Juls!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Teasdale View Post
    You not only guide, you help people set up their boat - way to go, capt. Juls!
    Only if they are willing to spend some money on the stuff they usually need, that they don't know they need yet. lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters