Minnow Report Minnow Report Minnow Report Minnow Report

Thread: Minnow Report

Default Minnow Report

Just read on Happy Hooker sight emerald shiners are going up to $65 to $100 a gallon for the bait stores. Said called around to other stores and some are going to quit carrying them. Scoops get smaller and prices higher Use to be $25 to $35 a gallon for them. What's next?

Gonna have to get the waders out and the minnow seine. Gonna be a project to just eat !!

I talked to St Clair bait and they will keep the scoop big and the prices low for people. They are located behind wildwings.

Quote Originally Posted by Justretired View Post
    Just read on Happy Hooker sight emerald shiners are going up to $65 to $100 a gallon for the bait stores. Said called around to other stores and some are going to quit carrying them. Scoops get smaller and prices higher Use to be $25 to $35 a gallon for them. What's next?
    ive been fishing Ashtabula and the fish survey people was telling us that in a couple weeks a law change where they can bring shinners out of newyork so maybe the netters might come back to reality' also perch fishing has been awesome up there lots of jumbos and quick limits' by the way thanks to eyehunter charters for all your help an also I have not had a problem getting shiner from lakeshore park but you got to be there early. btw 55 to 65 feet straight out of harbor where its happening. dave

Quote Originally Posted by 3labs View Post
    I talked to St Clair bait and they will keep the scoop big and the prices low for people. They are located behind wildwings.
    They have advantage over the non netting bait shops as they catch their own shiners and also supply several of the local non netting bait shops with shiners when they can catch enough to do so. I believe A & J Baits also have their own minnow boats and supply some of the local shops also..
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

anj does have there own minnow boats I seen one in Ashtabula harbor this weekend ' dave

minnow boat come in with shinners 70 dollars a gallon at south shore bait 3 dollars a dozen nice scoops

south shore bait just got shiners they sell all shiners no mix. but also have goodies funny thing people still come in and take goldies over shiners. maybe its the size shiners have been big but the new shipment is very good size

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Clark View Post
    anj does have there own minnow boats I seen one in Ashtabula harbor this weekend ' dave
    That explains why it is sometimes noon or later when they get shiners in. It is a long haul from Bula to A & J Baits on Rt. 2. They have at least 2 trucks, one is a normal minnow hauler and another is a pickup truck equipped with smaller minnow tanks and Oxygen bottle.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip