Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016 Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016 Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016 Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016

Test Run Complete...Fishing is Great Right Now!

Yesterday, March 12th, I took the new Ranger/300 G2 for it's inaugural test run, before taking any customers out. My friend, Steve, and I hit the launch at Mazurik's at 7:30am and headed out.

There was sunshine at the docks, but as we headed west towards Mouse Island, the fog got thicker and thicker, until we were moving at just above an idle speed. I put the navigation lights in, to help others see my rig, so they wouldn't run into me. I was amazed how many other boats didn't do the same.

We set lines just west of the ferry crossing, so we didn't have to worry about getting hit by the ferry as she moved back and forth from Catawba to South Bass Island, since we couldn't see further than 25 yards at the most.

Our program started out with Perfect 10's run 20/20 and 30/30 with a 1oz snap weight, and Deep Husky Jerks 50-65 back behind Off Shore planer boards, at a speed of 1.0-1.2mph.

We picked up three fish there. Then, as the fog began to dissipate, and our field of vision became wider, we began to see how many other boats were near us.
    It was then, that we received a call from Capt Kevin, (who I team with on the water on most days, since we run the same type of charter, and we help each other out)....he had a good bite going near South Bass, and told me to run over there by him. So, we did.
    After a couple passes there, with 4 fish caught and released, we left and went back towards Mouse/Catawba Point and pulled three more fish in that area. We ended our day at 2pm with a total of 10 fish....all released to swim another day.

The best colors for us were the Lemon Lime Crush, Marvin, Blue Chrome, Anti-Freeze, and Pink Lemonade, and a color I do not know the name of....with Anti-freeze being the best.
    We did run an Anti-Freeze Bandit, and that color that's in the pic, 43 back and pulled three fish on the Anti-freez, and one on the pink one, so the Bandits are working well too. The two caught on DHJ's were on an Anti-Freeze and a purple/chart/pink custom color....(there's too many names for me to remember what they are..sorry!) lol

It was a fun day, that ended with steaks on the grill, margaritas, and a fine cigar...(the reason this report is a day late! Ha!) Who could ask for anything more?

My next trip is this coming Tuesday. The winds are supposed to be less than 10, and mostly cloudy. I hope that forecast stays the same, so we can get out and catch some fish!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016-march-12-2016-test-runimg_5577-jpg Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016-march-12-2016-test-runimg_5593-jpg Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016-march-12-2016-test-runimg_5590-jpg Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016-march-12-2016-test-runimg_5581-jpg Fishing with Steve March 12, 2016-march-12-2016-test-runimg_5587-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 03-13-2016 at 08:53 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Where do you attach your pics Juls. Thanks for all your helpful post's
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing Addiction View Post
    Where do you attach your pics Juls. Thanks for all your helpful post's
    Matt
    When you create a new thread, the option to add photos is below the message box that you're typing your message in. It's a button that says, "Manage Attachments". Just click on that, and the rest is pretty self explanatory.

If you respond to a thread, by clicking reply, you need to click on the button that says "Go Advanced" in order to see the "Manage Attachments" button.

Hope that helps...
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Awesome first outing for the new boat and yes I am jealous
    You and your mate landed some nice fish.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
    Phil

I guess I should've clarified I'm not seeing Your photos attached to your post thanks

I'm seeing them as usual? Great report and read as usual.

Thanks

I don't see them on my mobile, so maybe that's your problem as well. I don't know you juls but I read here daily for last 3 years or so. I heard your radio check yesterday. I'm the one that said is that you juls hahaha. Not a lot of woman out there, but I was shocked when you said yea. We got a 4 man trolling around f. Took till 3. Most our fish came on a deep husky, perch. That lure caught about 8 fish.

Capt. Juls, Thanks for all the great info! After a decade away I am a rookie again but reading back over your posts from the last two years has been very helpful to get a head start.

Question to you, if you don't mind. You mention clip on weights often, as do others. Is this something you make? Would you be willing to post a picture sometime, at your convenience.

I am assuming 20/20 is 20' add clip on then another 20'?

Thank in advance for all your seasoned advice and here is wishing you your best season ever! Cheers!

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for sending in your walleye pics. I'll be posting many of them to our social media sites (instagram, facebook, blogs .................) so keep the photos coming. You can also create your own image gallery and post your photos to the gallery on this forum. Below is a link to get you started. You can email me at [email protected] if you need help with this.

http://community.walleye.com/gallery/?tabid=38

Quote Originally Posted by Davesnothere View Post
    Capt. Juls, Thanks for all the great info! After a decade away I am a rookie again but reading back over your posts from the last two years has been very helpful to get a head start.

Question to you, if you don't mind. You mention clip on weights often, as do others. Is this something you make? Would you be willing to post a picture sometime, at your convenience.

I am assuming 20/20 is 20' add clip on then another 20'?

Thank in advance for all your seasoned advice and here is wishing you your best season ever! Cheers!
    Don't mean to butt in, but I can answer your question because I took a lesson from Capt Juls on this subject.

She does not make them, Juls uses one's that are made by Offshore, they come in 1oz, 2oz, 3oz, ect. They basically clip right on the line ahead of the baits, yes the first number is how far you set them from the bait and the second number is how far until you set the board.
    I hope this helps