Bandit lures Bandit lures Bandit lures Bandit lures
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bandit lures

Quote Originally Posted by island troller View Post
    My top three bandit lures are: chartreuse/black stripes
    chartreuse/black stripes
    chartreuse/black stripes
    And in that order.

My affectionate nickname for that one is simple "Stryper" said in my saddest eighties hairband voice that I can muster. Yes it is a good one, one of my favorite of the stock colors all though I have also been hearing good reports about humble bee which is similar to it. I do have really good luck with some of the customs that Jim has mentioned though and they take up a lot of the lines I put out.

I know that the bandits are the hot bait this year. My question is that because it's so early or do I need to buy them. I have a box or 2 full of runners and dhjs and some perfect 10s. I won't be up till sometime in May

Quote Originally Posted by rick2752 View Post
    I know that the bandits are the hot bait this year. My question is that because it's so early or do I need to buy them. I have a box or 2 full of runners and dhjs and some perfect 10s. I won't be up till sometime in May
    In your shoes I probably would not go to crazy, May is typically the time of year the water starts warming up and we start that slide into spoons, harnesses. If you are only running a few rods per side it may not be a bad idea to buy a couple to try out on a side just to see if you like them.

They have not only been hot this year, we have been using them heavily for at least 4 years not and they have worked well for us, they just seem to have gotten more noticed this year for some reason. We got tired of that one untuned reef runner taking out 5 rods on a side if we miss it going out, all though there are still days where the fish want reef runners more then Bandits as well, but not a lot of them.

Planning to get out next week. I only have 2 Bandits in my collection, parakeet and taco salad. Anyone have luck on those colors? I have more of the reef runners, Rapala dhj12s, and Perfect 10s than Bandits. I know from day to day things can change, but based on personal opinion/experience, how would you guys rank Bandits vs dhjs, rr800s, or P10s? Are rr800s the only one of those that needs to be tuned?