Geneva Reports Geneva Reports Geneva Reports Geneva Reports
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Geneva Reports

Yesterday I proved you don't have to go 15-20 miles to catch fish. The first fish came off the downrigger down 40 feet on a 4 inch shallow diving bomber just east of the 00 and just south of the 56, less than 5 miles out. The last one was caught jigging up a Sir Walleye Stinger from the bottom and I was only 7.2 miles NE of Geneva. If these fish stay there I can run 10 trips before I have to refuel my sweet 150 E-Tec. Life is good.....

Hitting the lake tomorrow. New report to follow. Ch.68

Yesterday was rough, figuratively and literally. NOAA is saying 5 to 10 knot winds and waves less than 2 feet. The truth was 10 to 15 knot winds with occasional gusts and steady 2 to 4 foot waves. We never saw a west wind. In 4 hours of trolling every presentation in the boat, we ended up with 2 walleye and one steelhead so giving you numbers won't help. I cut the trip short to run 50 lbs of walleye filets to the volunteers at the Greek Festival in Warren so they could fry them up for the help and the security personel. It's a great festival with awesome Greek food, music and dance but you won't find any of Dr. Ed's walleye. Gone by 10:30 last night. I want to personally thank many of my friends for donating part of their catch to my cause. God bless...

just spent 2 weeks at Geneva and once we located a good school of fish n/e of Geneva in 72' to 73' of water we did ok. the fish are acting different than past yrs I have fished there. the fish were in the top 40' of water with a few coming from 50' off downriggers. had a great time and filled the freezer.

Sherman, sorry I missed you. I think I was working the same area as you. Would you care to elaborate on the methods that worked for you? In the past 2 weeks talking to various fishermen, no one had a limit and many had no fish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Sherman, sorry I missed you. I think I was working the same area as you. Would you care to elaborate on the methods that worked for you? In the past 2 weeks talking to various fishermen, no one had a limit and many had no fish at all.
    we found a shool of fish n/e of Geneva at the 01 to 04 line trolling n/e. we were using lite bite slide divers set on 4.5 and 3 and 1.5. we caught most of our fish running the 4.5 divers 130 back and played around with the 3 and 1.5. we caught fish as shallow as 60' back on the 1.5 and 75' back on the 3 setting. these settings on a lite bite diver would be close to running a dipsy on a 1 2 and 3 setting. then we caught some nice fish running 50' down on our downriggers. our best harnesses were double Colorado dr death from gale force tackle and nuclear green from challenger lures. our best speed was trying to run 1.6 to 1.8 but we bounced from 1.4 to 1.8. hope this helps. I think most people were fishing to deep, as we were fishing the top 40' of water except for the riggers. while fishing I kept an eye on the depth finder and every so often I would notice some nice marks at around 50'. and the riggers hadn't been taking any fish so I just dropped 1 down to 50' and after catching a 29" and a 30" my son dropped the other 1 down and started catching fish.
    Last edited by sherman51; 07-31-2015 at 03:39 AM.

Thanks for the info. I'm going up tomorrow and will give that area a try. I was only 2 miles south of where I had to be on the last trip but no one was talking so I was fishing in the blind. Thanks again and stay dry....

dr ed be sure and post how you do. like to read good fishing reports.

Sherman, the fact that you like good fishing reports is the very reason I am not posting. Example: 2 days ago I ran out 15 miles NE of Geneva (Yes, past the 04 line) and ran 6 lines for almost 5 hours without a walleye. If that's what you want to hear, I have a few more reports over the last 2 weeks......

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Sherman, the fact that you like good fishing reports is the very reason I am not posting. Example: 2 days ago I ran out 15 miles NE of Geneva (Yes, past the 04 line) and ran 6 lines for almost 5 hours without a walleye. If that's what you want to hear, I have a few more reports over the last 2 weeks......
    that's not what I wanted to hear. we did our best about half way between Geneva and bula from the 01 line to the 04 line fishing the top 40' of water with our divers and 50' on our downriggers. we use lite bite slide divers set on 130 back on a 4.5 setting and caught fish as shallow as 60' back on a 1.5 setting and 75' back on a 3 setting. the numbers are different on the slide divers but I think the settings would be like a 3 2 and 1 setting on a dipsy. a lot of guys on the radio was running 100' and 120' leads on a 3 setting on dipsy's and was catching fish.