All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com All fishermen are liars... Except on Walleye.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I must be missing something. Not sure what is being construed as drama here. I'm pretty sure that everyone has gone out of their way to avoid naming names.

Oh well. I'm just here to talk fishing with others who are getting stir crazy to fish. If anyone took my contribution to this thread personally, don't. I'm on here so sporadically through the year that I'm not even familiar with anyone that has a habit of embellishing.

Everyone be safe out there.

Well... That was fun! lol

Actually, I think it went rather well. I'm not one to get into drama, but there was a lot of air cleared in the posts and I thought everyone kept it clean. (For the most part)

Wakina's contributions where "spot on" and everyone pretty much agreed with what was said and that it needed to be said. Heck, we even got Walleye Rick to jump into the mix!

Maybe now we can go back to a forum with good discussions and reports with honest captains that are here to help us amateurs out instead of just trying to get us to book charters with them. I originally posted because so many of the good helpful posts had died down and people like Skipper9 quit posting his EXTREMELY helpful detailed reports because of other reports being so disruptive.

When one or two guys ruin the mood for everyone, then no one is in a giving mood and they stop posting good info and daily catch reports and numbers and hurts us all!

Now, if we could just get Capt. Jules to ice fish then we could get those long reports on hard water! haha.

Hopefully now that the air is cleared we can keep each other honest and keep the mood in here one of sharing great information!

Fish ON!
    -Matt

Talking

Now, how about someone get the ice fisherman to give some reports. Haven't heard much at all. Hard water fisherman must be a little more tight lipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Now, if we could just get Capt. Jules to ice fish then we could get those long reports on hard water! haha.
    LOL....Sorry, but I won't ice fish out there! I'm an open water kind of gal.

Besides, I'm working every weekend at the local humane society here. The dogs and cats need me more right now.

Only 47 more days until Spring, and my new Ranger will be in the finishing room this week! Woot! Woot!

Juls
    p.s. Thanks for putting me in the "honest reports" catagory...))
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    Now, how about someone get the ice fisherman to give some reports. Haven't heard much at all. Hard water fisherman must be a little more tight lipped.
    no i dont think many are doing well. The only guide that is really doing well is mike paterson. He has posted some great pictures on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    LOL....Sorry, but I won't ice fish out there! I'm an open water kind of gal.

Besides, I'm working every weekend at the local humane society here. The dogs and cats need me more right now.

Only 47 more days until Spring, and my new Ranger will be in the finishing room this week! Woot! Woot!

Juls
    p.s. Thanks for putting me in the "honest reports" catagory...))
    Capt. Juls,

First let me apologize for putting an "e" in your name on my post.

Secondly, you definitely are in the "honest" category... You give way to many details to be lying. Either you are extremely honest, or an AMAZING liar. It doesn't take too long to know that you are the first of those. Your posts are great and something to look forward to over a cup of coffee.

Thirdly, if you ever change your mind and want to go out on the ice give me a shout. I'd love to get you out there. I have everything you need including extra snowmobiles and shanties with heat, poles, lures, everything except warm gear and I can probably even help with that and we usually go out in a decent size group. Love to have you join us just once!

-Matt

Capt. Juls,

Secondly, you definitely are in the "honest" category... You give way to many details to be lying. Either you are extremely honest, or an AMAZING liar. It doesn't take too long to know that you are the first of those. Your posts are great and something to look forward to over a cup of coffee.

Thirdly, if you ever change your mind and want to go out on the ice give me a shout. I'd love to get you out there. I have everything you need including extra snowmobiles and shanties with heat, poles, lures, everything except warm gear and I can probably even help with that and we usually go out in a decent size group. Love to have you join us just once!

-Matt
    Actually Capt Juls is an awesome writer and also an awesome fisherman(lady), she has an eye for details that she includes in her posts the common everyday fisherman overlooks! Those details almost make one feel they are there with her and her customers enjoying the bite that is so vividly described.

Look at the time she gets up and the amount of work involved with (at tmes) serving breakfast to customers, hitching up going to the preferred launch of the day after stopping for bait. The time on the water giving instructions and making sure her customers are well taken care of. Getting back home cleaning the boat, maybe baking some brownies for the next day, taking care of her dogs. Then with all of that being done she still finds the time to post those awesome reports on the days fishing. This lady must be tireless and has my respect for all that she does. Not only for her customers but also the members of this forum. She provides an invaluable service to us all as well as an example for all to follow.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Capt. Juls,

-Matt
    Thank you for the invitation! I do have warm gear...(mustang suit).

However, it just creeps me out too much to enjoy it. The fear of going through the ice is too great. I don't want to die that way. lol

But, if you ever want to take me to a good bluegill spot in 5 feet of water or less...I'm game! Ha!

Be safe out there, and I'll see ya on the open pond in approximately 46 days....

Juls
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    Actually Capt Juls is an awesome writer and also an awesome fisherman(lady), she has an eye for details that she includes in her posts the common everyday fisherman overlooks! Those details almost make one feel they are there with her and her customers enjoying the bite that is so vividly described.

Look at the time she gets up and the amount of work involved with (at tmes) serving breakfast to customers, hitching up going to the preferred launch of the day after stopping for bait. The time on the water giving instructions and making sure her customers are well taken care of. Getting back home cleaning the boat, maybe baking some brownies for the next day, taking care of her dogs. Then with all of that being done she still finds the time to post those awesome reports on the days fishing. This lady must be tireless and has my respect for all that she does. Not only for her customers but also the members of this forum. She provides an invaluable service to us all as well as an example for all to follow.
    Thank you so much for the kind words Wakina. I appreciate that very much!

You have my respect too, Sir! Best wishes for a very successful season this year. Let's hope Mother Nature is as kind to us this year, as she was to us last year.

Juls
    [email protected]