Divers flashers snubbers and flies!!!!! Divers flashers snubbers and flies!!!!! Divers flashers snubbers and flies!!!!! Divers flashers snubbers and flies!!!!!

Default Divers flashers snubbers and flies!!!!!

Yo Capn's

Need advice on using a Dipsey Diver rig that runs a 7’ leader, an 11” flasher, and a 12” snubber and a fly or spoon.

How far behind the Dipsey should the flasher be…is 7’ enough?

How far behind the flasher should the snubber be?

How far behind the snubber should the fly be

Maybe the snubber would work in front of the flasher or just behind it…yes/no?

Please feel free to comment on the workability (or not) of above scenario and give one of your own if you will…I am new at this and need you guys’es advice

Quote Originally Posted by seatime View Post
    Yo Capn's

Need advice on using a Dipsey Diver rig that runs a 7’ leader, an 11” flasher, and a 12” snubber and a fly or spoon.

Please feel free to comment on the workability (or not) of above scenario and give one of your own if you will…I am new at this and need you guys’es advice
    Not sure why you would want to know the answers for your questions but I have never heard of anyone using dodgers or flies for walleye fishing! Most of the posts on this forum pertain to walleyes and perch and dodgers and flies pertain more to salmon fishing which is a rarity on lake Erie. Maybe would work for steelhead though. I am not saying that they will not work but they are not used simply because there are so many techniques being used now that produce walleyes consistently that no one wants to experiment with dodgers and flies to find out. You may have more luck getting your questions answered on one of the lake Michigan or Lake Ontario forums! You could Google it and see what comes up.

I also see that you are new to the Walleye.com community so let me say welcome aboard seatime.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

You made me curious talking about walleye flies so I searched for them and found these! Here is the results from Google!

https://www.google.com/search?as_q=w...pe=&as_rights=

This was posted today on the eastern lake Erie fishing reports. So maybe you are onto something new for us crazy Walleye fishermen.

http://www.barbstackle.com/pages/walleyeflies.html
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks for getting back Cap'n...I should have made it clearer that I am primarily fishing for lake trout and then walleye...My lake does not hold that big of a wall eye population band both Lakers and Walleye are difficult to catch for the beginner. I think the rigs for lake trout should work equally well on Walleyes without having to change the rigs but if you think otherwise please tell me. There is not that much work involved to change the complicated lake trout rig out.

Appreciate the welcome...you lads are a fine bunch indeed!

Best Regards,

Seatime

Here is a very good fly makers site and where I buy my lake trout flies... you fellows ought to give Jerry a try! He's one heck of a good fellow and will even talk to you on the phone if you need to ask him questions that requires the use of said antiquated system.

He may even tie you a special walleye fly.

WWW.jerrysflies.com
    304-695-3292

I looked at the "Barbs" site...he has nice flies and I aint knockin' them but you boys need to go to Jerrysflies.com and give those flies a look ...they are truly impressive

Quote Originally Posted by seatime View Post
    Yo Capn's

A bit late but here's my .02
    You've got your order a bit mixed up. I fish salmon/trout on Lake Michigan out of Chicago and the walleye trolling is whats new for me.
    This is the order you want:
    Main line
    Snap/swivel
    Dipsey
    Snubber
    Leader = or < rod length
    Flasher
    Fly, tied at 1.5-2.5 length of /dodger/flasher (Various flasher brands recommend different lengths for their flasher AND may be speed dependent). I usually mark mine with a sharpie
    "Go to" color for lakers is white fly behind a chrome or trash can dodger.

I dont know that a snubber would be necessary for walleyes as the strikes are not nearly as violent as salmon/trout. Perhaps a walleye guy could chime in on that one.
    Also what size dipsey are you using for walleyes? Guys? Anyone? Beuhler? Beuhler?
    Last edited by karloutdoors; 10-05-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Default snubbers

Snubbers are a yes for walleye. They also help keep hooks from being pulled out as fish fight. I always use snubbers on dipseys and my leaders are 5-7 ft long to the lure. 30 pound braid ( 8 lb dia. ) and 20 lb flouro leaders.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]