Crazy week.....sigh Crazy week.....sigh Crazy week.....sigh Crazy week.....sigh
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Crazy week.....sigh

Please forgive my lack of blogging this week, but I'm dealing with a couple issues when I'm off the water.

My lab, Jill, had surgery to remove a growth off her leg the other day, and she opened the wound, after a few days with that cone thing on her head. And, when she goes outside, she keeps getting under the deck and full of mud. So, she's got the cone back on her, and she is not happy about it. I've got the wound cleaned again, but she keeps getting the bandages off somehow, and I've got to keep an eye on it and her....deep sigh.

Then, I have a cat that keeps terrorizing my other cat, and started pissing in my bedroom...marking "her territory", and that's pissing me off!! She's now in a cage, and meowing incessently to get out, and making me freak'n crazy.

Then, I was also diagnosed with "Fish Handling Disease", and put on a 3 month regiment of a strong antibiotic that's putting me in a funk. My house is a pig sty and my yard is a swamp again with all this rain!!

So, until my routine gets a little more "routine"....I will be slow to blog.

But, since I'm here now....I can tell you, that unless you get on some active fish...the catching is spotty. But, you can still find some suicidal fish out there....lol
    Both cranks and worms are working now, so pick your weapon, and get after them!

Headed out this morning, but we haven't decided on a time yet. The wind forecast shows it blowing hard out of the west mid to late morning and then dying down around 11am.

Have a great day, and good luck.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled due to the wind forecast, and I'm watching Sunday's forecast right now too.

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Crazy week.....sigh-steve-jeremy-5_12_16img_6169-jpg Crazy week.....sigh-steve-jeremy-5_12_16img_6172-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Juls

We really appreciate all the information that you pass on to us, but please dont feel like you need to apologize if you dont get around to posting. Your health is most important, take care of yourself.

Thank you...
    [email protected]

Juls, forgive me but what is fish handling disease? Sounds serious. Get well. Geary
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

"Fish Handling Disease" ???? Who would ever think something like that exists? How do u contact such a thing? open cuts and hook injuries on your hands?

I guess I don't have to worry, I'd have to catch some fish first!! LOL!

Take care of yourself 1ST!!!! Hope u start feeling better SOONER than later!

Quote Originally Posted by Bggeary View Post
    Juls, forgive me but what is fish handling disease? Sounds serious. Get well. Geary
    This article pretty much sums it up...

http://drjball.com/article6.html
    [email protected]

Looks like I answered my own question......

Fish-Handler's Disease Causes

Fish-handler's disease occurs when cuts or scrapes in the skin become infected with the bacteria Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae and other species. This is an erysipeloid infection. Handling and preparing fish and shellfish and many other similar activities can create small cuts and scrapes in the skin, where bacteria may enter. Developing fish-handler's disease requires deliberate contact with fish, particularly lobster and other shellfish. Fish-handler's disease occurs worldwide wherever fish and shellfish are handled.

Fish-handler's disease also occurs when cuts or scrapes in the skin become infected with Mycobacterium ssp., mainly the species marinum and fortuitum. Handling tropical fish, coral, cleaning aquariums, swimming pools, fishing, lobster catching, and many other similar activities can introduce these bacteria into cuts and scrapes. This disease is worldwide and can be associated with almost any organism that inhabits saltwater, freshwater, or brackish water. One of the newest outbreaks occurred in Chesapeake Bay with about 76% of striped bass found to have an infection with Mycobacterium.

Dang Juls hate to hear about your pets and worst off about the infection. Make sure you take care of yourself, we don't need anything bad happening to you. I was watching one of my favorite shows, Deadliest Catch, this week and one of the deck hands on Capt Bill's boat came down with the very same thing and it looks nasty.

Take Care
    Phil

PS I'd be getting rid of a cat

Time to get a glove to handle the fish with, no more cuts = happy hands !! great report, thank you, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonphil View Post
    PS I'd be getting rid of a cat
    She's been here 15 years....I think she's 16 now. She's not going anywhere.

I wanted to replace the carpeting with laminate flooring anyway. This just gives me the reason to finally do it.
    [email protected]