Go to cranks? Go to cranks? Go to cranks? Go to cranks?

Thread: Go to cranks?

Default Go to cranks?

We came out last weekend and had a great weekend. we boated several nice fish and kept a few for dinner. We struggled at times to find the right color lure. We did well on Pink Lemonade, Bandits on Saturday, but couldn't get bit on those at all on Sunday. On Sunday we did well on #12 DHJ with a combination of green purple & orange.
    MY question is, is anyone willing to share their "go to" crankbait? I'm not looking for your "secret custom color"- just basic color, or name of a few I should have on hand?

Whether their Reef Runners or DHJ, or P10s - any hep would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Lope

Huskys-Dr Death, That's Cute

There is no go to crankbait this time of year. One day it's perfect 10s, the next day it's bandits, and so on. Me and dad were out last tuesday.I forgot my bandit/custom husky box, lol. We ran reefs and perfect 10s. Never caught a walleye in 4 hours. Finished the day with 1 sheephead. Sometimes I think the lure manufacturers have our lake erie walleyes trained. It's almost stupid how finicky they can be.

JT custom dhj...Purple Demon Go to cranks?-jt-hj12-purple_demon-jpg

Reef runners always catch fish for me. I just make sure they are always tuned in.

It's crazy how finicky the walleyes are. We where out on tuesday and ran reefs and Dhj12's and caught all our fish on dh's. Crazy thing is we tried every color in the box of both brands at every length back and blue and silver caught everything. My goto baits are the ones that work on that day. It's amazing how fast they change their minds. I have found that RR's have to be tuned and I do best at slower speeds with them or when the water warms up and the walleyes like more action. The Dhj12's seem to catch fish more consistently. But on any given day I will have at least one blue and silver out of either brand.

In the spring firetiger always produces in clear and dirty.

I guess I would say speed is a crucially important factor. I catch a lot of fish by varying my speeds. Turns and reeling lines in and letting back trigger lots of hits.

How do you "tune" a reef runner? I've only been walleye fishing for a few years now. I have lots of success with my DHJs but the reef runners are always hit or miss. (Possibly because they aren't tuned)

Quote Originally Posted by endangeredspecies View Post
    How do you "tune" a reef runner? I've only been walleye fishing for a few years now. I have lots of success with my DHJs but the reef runners are always hit or miss. (Possibly because they aren't tuned)
    Here you go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEhH-bOZaow