Perch 8/21 Perch 8/21 Perch 8/21 Perch 8/21
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perch 8/21

Default Perch 8/21

4 of us fished from 8 am to 3 pm. Went nw of Kelly's no good. Went to ballast and must have stopped on the pasture... Lot of farm animals. Went to Taco Bell and It was a slow pick of keepers. Plenty of throw backs though. And a bonus 26 inch walleye on a spreader. Capt juls I was the sport craft that was south of you guys. We got tired of the dinks and went to Lucy's point. Still dinks. Finally seeing the rain coming we went all the way in to mazuriks and stopped right out front on old numbers. Still nothing but dinks. Called it a day at 3. With 40 keepers. Bad day for us today. Noticed lot of the perch were spitting out egg masses. Any thoughts on what they may be?

Default perch

Troy mike was fun fishing with a friend, up and down action but he threw back 150 to 200 little ones kept 50 went 13 lbs. west of green weds afternoon.

I talked to him. Sounded like it was tough all over on the radio today

Did you catch those fish trolling or casting?

Quote Originally Posted by Madd Matt View Post
    Did you catch those fish trolling or casting?
    Your too funny matt

He had to be casting....if he was trolling they would have been bigger.

i was ready to try trolling for them. it couldn't have been any worse. quite a humbling day for sure. we did smack the gobies though. I think we got at least a dozen of those. Not even the seagulls were too interested after we threw them back

here is the spreader catch! thinkng of walleye fishing this way from now on... much easier than either casting or trolling

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    4 of us fished from 8 am to 3 pm. Went nw of Kelly's no good. Went to ballast and must have stopped on the pasture... Lot of farm animals. Went to Taco Bell and It was a slow pick of keepers. Plenty of throw backs though. And a bonus 26 inch walleye on a spreader. Capt juls I was the sport craft that was south of you guys. We got tired of the dinks and went to Lucy's point. Still dinks. Finally seeing the rain coming we went all the way in to mazuriks and stopped right out front on old numbers. Still nothing but dinks. Called it a day at 3. With 40 keepers. Bad day for us today. Noticed lot of the perch were spitting out egg masses. Any thoughts on what they may be?
    We ended up with 80 there, and left about 15 minutes after you did. We sorted a lot too and kept 7" or better...most were 8-9's with maybe a dozen larger ones... only one at 11" though.
    I heard the cheers, but didn't know that you had caught a big walleye...congrats!

BTW....Who was that other boat waving to? I waved in case it was me, but I had no clue who it was...I didn't want to be rude. lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    here is the spreader catch! thinkng of walleye fishing this way from now on... much easier than either casting or trolling
    It's crazy that a large walleye like that would eat a shiner when he could eat all the perch he wanted....must have just felt like he needed a snack!

Congrats on the bonus walleye!