tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default winning

Dam, with all of this big fish talk...Im getting antsy to get back out and catch something big- no matter if its a shithead...

Maybe there should be a FRIENDLY charter contest. Pay to enter so its serious>>>Maybe???? Any thoughts guys

I just want to fish!!!!
    Ron
    www.somethinfishycharters.com
    aka- Capt. Concrete

LOL! You guys better be careful! That 3 day 300lb cooler per day guy may resurface and take all of you winnings. Just a crazy thought.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    LOL! You guys better be careful! That 3 day 300lb cooler per day guy may resurface and take all of you winnings. Just a crazy thought.
    lol..
    I moved one of the boats down to ashtubula. I have to admit the fish are a great grade down there but I still havent pulled a 300 pound box yet. I have been catching 8 to 10 fish that are over 30 inches each trip though. .

that would certainly be an interesting tournament. would love to be fly on wall at weigh in.lol the BS would certainly be in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper9 View Post
    lol..
    I moved one of the boats down to ashtubula. I have to admit the fish are a great grade down there but I still havent pulled a 300 pound box yet. I have been catching 8 to 10 fish that are over 30 inches each trip though. .
    At the time that statement was made the 300lb cooler Captain was still fishing the central basin a few miles east of the Lorain dump. He also stated he was moving one boat to the bula area, leaving these big fish behind. Imagine that!
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

If it is possible to go over 300 lbs on 48 fish I think skipper would be the captain to do it. Not saying the other guy is lying but when push came to shove he got pretty quiet and no pictures were forthcoming. I mean 6 and 1/4 lb average on 48 fish. Shouldn't be too hard...lol maybe in april. It would be an impressive sight to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    If it is possible to go over 300 lbs on 48 fish I think skipper would be the captain to do it. Not saying the other guy is lying but when push came to shove he got pretty quiet and no pictures were forthcoming. I mean 6 and 1/4 lb average on 48 fish. Shouldn't be too hard...lol maybe in april. It would be an impressive sight to see though.
    That average is doable in April but the problem is the limit is only 4 in April so instead of bringing in 48 fish you are only bringing in 32 if you are getting first mate and captains limit. So then you would need a 9.375 Lb average.

I have been there for some of those huge average fish days in April. Even with just 32 fish you cannot keep the lid closed on the cooler and with 2 people lifting the cooler you are struggling to not hurt yourself. It always surprises the customer how heavy those coolers can actually get.

Quote Originally Posted by miso_ohio View Post
    That average is doable in April but the problem is the limit is only 4 in April so instead of bringing in 48 fish you are only bringing in 32 if you are getting first mate and captains limit. So then you would need a 9.375 Lb average.

I have been there for some of those huge average fish days in April. Even with just 32 fish you cannot keep the lid closed on the cooler and with 2 people lifting the cooler you are struggling to not hurt yourself. It always surprises the customer how heavy those coolers can actually get.
    I don't mean to brag, or start something, but I think that I have had a 300lb cooler of walleye before.

This Spring we had 46 fish and I feel confident in saying that they averaged over 4-5 lbs each, so yeah... probably over 300.

The lid on the cooler was 3/4 open because they were stacked in there.

-Matt

For those that can't do math...

Cooler = 15lbs
    3 bags of big ice melted and layered between fish = 63lbs
    4.5 lbs per fish = 207 lbs (46 Fish)
    BS = 15 lbs

Grand Total 300Lbs

Lol funny made matt