tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye tourment winning walleye
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    No one asked me how I caught it?
    Ok Troy, so HOW did you catch that fish?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Captain Mike, what is the address of your facebook page, the link you attach does not take me anywhere, I tried to edit it replacing the coma with a period and also tried adding a forward slash between .com and reelsportfishing but it does not take me anywhere. I am sure it is just a formatting issue, I tried to look at it before adn did not have any luck either.

I don't have a facebook account so I cant really search for it, I may do computers for a living but I am a complete facebook idiot.

To all,
    Its my first year down there. Ann did not ask me if I was trolling or casting, and being my first year i do/did not know if there was a distinction. Mike and I were fun fishing looking for fish for his trips over this past weekend, We were on his charter boat though. In the copy of rules given to me it did not state a distinction between casting/trolling, and whether it mattered if I was on my own boat or a buddy's charter boat.
    I will talk to ann next time I see her to clarify and give my prizes back if I am disqualified. Sorry to all if I inadvertently broke a rule.It was not my intention to ruffle any feathers, and again I plead ignorance if indeed it is casting only. Personally I am a caster, but was trolling when I caught the fish. I plan to be down hopefully thursday morning again and will clear the air.

i couldnt see the picture either on his link. LOL he forgot to ask if he could put my likeness on facebook-I am anti social media. Maybe I will get some royalties from future business ( but will not hold my breath, jk wayne and mike).

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    To all,
    Its my first year down there. Ann did not ask me if I was trolling or casting, and being my first year i do/did not know if there was a distinction. Mike and I were fun fishing looking for fish for his trips over this past weekend, We were on his charter boat though. In the copy of rules given to me it did not state a distinction between casting/trolling, and whether it mattered if I was on my own boat or a buddy's charter boat.
    I will talk to ann next time I see her to clarify and give my prizes back if I am disqualified. Sorry to all if I inadvertently broke a rule.It was not my intention to ruffle any feathers, and again I plead ignorance if indeed it is casting only. Personally I am a caster, but was trolling when I caught the fish. I plan to be down hopefully Thursday morning again and will clear the air.
    Hey Troy. You and Mike didn't do anything wrong. I apologize if it came across that way. I actually talked to Anne today and she said that there is no rule against trolling, and she said that the Women's fish also was caught trolling.

Everyone who has commented on here about this trolls. None of us have anything against trolling. I think the surprise was that it was caught on a charter trolling when we all have been under the impression that it was for casters only. What is interesting is that several of us believed this and it all goes back to 5-6 years ago when we didn't even know each other. So at one time this must have been the rule. I haven't asked for the last 5 years because I assumed it was still the same.

5 years ago I could come in from trolling and be at the cleaning station with 3 Fish Ohio and 36 fish and people where in awe... Until they asked how we caught them. As soon as I said trolling, it was like I had an empty cooler. Lol
    While there is still a great debate, trolling is far more accepted now, and I'd say easily over half the charters troll and probably more.

I say all that because no one was knocking how you caught the fish. We where just surprised that it's allowed now.

That is a great fish and this time of year around the Islands makes it even better. We have caught over 25 Fish Ohio this year with 5 of them being over 30", but almost all of them where caught before August.

Great Job! Troy. Please don't take this as an attack on you because you did it by the book and according to the rules. I didn't ask Anne about being on a charter, but you weren't on a charter anyway if you where fun fishing.

What exactly was in that Blue Bag of prizes that you got anyways? Wasn't it like $1,000 worth of prizes for the largest Walleye?

-Matt

Default walleye

thanks matt for clearing things up, and your right about the big fish, this is also our first year at channel grove, and in the last four weeks we have brought in over 12 fish ohio, mostly fishing
    away from the packs and less than ten miles from our dock, our other web sites also show some of the fish, Reel sport charters tour and sightseeing oregon ohio, or Reel Sport Charters LLC Thanks everyone and enjoy.

matt thank you very much. I didn't want to be "that guy" at the marina already. Yea The big fish this year are amazing. I have had at least 9 I can rember over 28 inches on my boat as well. The new boat record was my first eye of year caught in june, 34 inches on a gold earie dearie which beat my dear wifes 29 in. eye that she caught down to the west a few years ago. I have thouroughly enjoyed CGM and all the people I have met so far. Still trying to meet the guys here on this site too. I am at dock 60 next to the ugly blue and white sport craft. good luck and safe wishes to all as we wrap another boating season!

troy
    summer huntin
    ch 68

oh btw the contents of the blue bag????????????????????????????????

hmm... not sure either as the wife said she was taking it and I havent seen it yet...lol. I think she said free dockage, lol...
    seriously though it had a cgm hat, t shirt, some casting lures, a pair of nice pliers and a cgm ruler to put on the boat oh and sunglasses. but bes of all was the certificate that i will frame and hang in the wifes way so she sees it all the time!

Yeap... apparently it was just a rule for me and my group. Two of the owners had told me in the past that it was casting only. So great job.