electric knives electric knives electric knives electric knives
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: electric knives

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    Wakina, which model American Angler do you have? I see the newer model is supposed to have 2X the torque as the previous models. I am thinking about buying the one that comes with 5 sets of blades called the pro kit. The reviews I've read are great and it is made with metal gears and a heavy duty motor!

Thanks for pointing me to the American made product!
    I can filet walleye faster with a good regular knife. However, I still use an electric knife when there's a bunch of fish.
    Mr. Twister (blue & white) heavy duty are just as junky. Went through 2 last season and the blades are not worth $10.
    Last week my father and I where at Hi-Way Bait and he knew the electric knife was burnt up. He wanted to buy a new one. I told him that I wasn't interested.
    He comes up with this orange American Angler knife that was marked down to $99.00! He was all impressed with the blades and how the blades where so good... He couldn't stop talking about the blades, so he bought it and an extra aggressive blade for the big bones.

I wish I could say it wasn't worth it. I will never consider using another Twister or Rapala or Berkely... All of which I have.

I had never heard or seen American Angler until last week, bought it without any input, and its the best electric knife I've used, which means better than Berkley, Rapala, or Twister.

Oh, and the blades are pretty amazing.

Default Great reviews!

That was a good link you posted Bosshog! That is the best review I have seen to date, too bad they couldn't review the American Angler knife. I'll tell you one thing.....I'd never make a good Judge....I can't make a decision to save my life! Lol......glad you posted that info on the American Angler too Madd Matt. If you are sold on the regular fillet knife and you are that impressed with the AA ....that speaks volums to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Eyezcrazy View Post
    That was a good link you posted Bosshog! That is the best review I have seen to date, too bad they couldn't review the American Angler knife. I'll tell you one thing.....I'd never make a good Judge....I can't make a decision to save my life! Lol......glad you posted that info on the American Angler too Madd Matt. If you are sold on the regular fillet knife and you are that impressed with the AA ....that speaks volums to me!
    What I REALLY liked about it was that it had a great blade that also had a nice pointed tip. I could go right down the whole fish and stop at the end and then skin the entire filet with ease while it was still attached to the fish, then the tip was perfect to take the ribs out with almost no meat.

So many of the other knives where good with being flexible and pointed tip like a real filet knife, but didn't go through the large bones.
    Then the HD blades weren't that great at goin around the ribs.

I cleaned a 9" blue gill (we caught our first ever in 40 years on the Lake) that we caught out in the middle of the lake and I actually filleted it like I would have with a regular knife... But I used the same blade as I would for the large bones in a 30" walleye.

I have a degree in Culinary Arts from Johnson & Wales University in Providence, RI. As a chef, it is hard for my to pick up an electric knife... Let alone admit that I do. As a chef though, and someone who is very VERY picky about knives, if I am going to use an electric knife it will be an American Angler.

Madd Matt the regular rapala is not good the HD model is one of the best I have used, they just came out with it recently. I had an old American Angler it was great lasted 8 years. I purchased a new American angler junk, I'm sure it wasn't their best model available it was like $60 bucks.

Default Electric

I Have both, HD Rpla and the american ang.- orange. The HD is a far better knife especially cleaning the bigger fish.

i thought the best one I have had is the saltwater piranha, but it is done so I am going to go with the HD and see how long it takes to burn that up.

I will however try my Piranha blades in that HD

These have worked better than any others I have used.

Quote Originally Posted by penalty box View Post
    Madd Matt the regular rapala is not good the HD model is one of the best I have used, they just came out with it recently. I had an old American Angler it was great lasted 8 years. I purchased a new American angler junk, I'm sure it wasn't their best model available it was like $60 bucks.
    I have not tried the Rapala HD. I'll have to test one out. My American Angler (actually my dad's, but whats his is mine) is only 2 weeks old now and only cleaned a single cooler of fish... It just really impressed me.

Thanks for distinguishing the difference between the 2 Rapala models.

-Matt

I bought the Rapala HD earlier this year (due to recommendations), while filleting the second walleye I gave up on it and went back to an older electric fillet knife. I'm beginning to think most of these electric knives are hit/miss, there are so many responses to both sides of every brand. Your lucky if you get a good one. I know I would not try another Rapala HD, as the one I bought really is a pos.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Quote Originally Posted by ebijack View Post
    I bought the Rapala HD earlier this year (due to recommendations), while filleting the second walleye I gave up on it and went back to an older electric fillet knife. I'm beginning to think most of these electric knives are hit/miss, there are so many responses to both sides of every brand. Your lucky if you get a good one. I know I would not try another Rapala HD, as the one I bought really is a pos.
    See why I can't make a decision...lol