My crew met me at my house at 8am this morning. We drove out to Hi Way Bait for shiners and ice, and hit Mazurik's at 8:30. We launched at 8:45 and headed up to the spot near "Taco Bell", where I had fished with another crew on Tuesday. The bite was a bit slower than it was Tuesday and the grade of perch was just a tad smaller.

We had 80 in the "Catch Counter", when I said, "We need to go...the sky is not looking good. We can fish an area near Mazurik's for the last ten, so if we need to get off the water quick, we can". They agreed and we went for a boat ride.

The lake was pretty flat when we left, so we were able to go faster than the norm around here, and it cooled everyone off. It was getting pretty hot out there. The humidity was bad too. Still I'm sure it was a lot cooler out there than it was for the folks who had to spend the day on land.

As we cleared the islands and headed south towards Mazurik's, the gray skies were opening up and dumping rain. I didn't see any lightning anywhere, so I wasn't worried about getting a little wet...which never happened. Had we left just 5 minutes later, we would have had to drive through the rain, but the timing was perfect. In fact, when we got in the south passage, the wind kicked up too, and was putting white caps on the lake (off shore SW wind). Had we stayed way out there, it would have taken longer to get in due to rougher wave conditions. Whew! I like it when I 'm right.

Anyhoo....we set up on some numbers I fished back on the 17th, and they caught 6 of the 10 they needed. Then, we ran out of time, and we headed back in.

They had a good time and went home with some nice perch for many dinners. We kept fish from 7-11 inches, but most of the ones we kept were 8-9's. We had a lot of throw backs, but there really was very little junk to deal with today. The green algae moved in around 1pm and the bite seemed to slow at around 1:30 (when I decided it was a good time to leave.)

The radio chit-chat revealed that there was a similar bite on the SW side of Green today and also at G can. I didn't hear how anyone did at the Catawba Green Can...sorry.

Tomorrow's charter has been rescheduled by the customer, due to the weather forecast calling for "likely" storms between 10 & 2.

The next charter will be another perch trip on Saturday.

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html