I have fished with the Boreako family once before. I took them walleye fishing out of Huron back in July. This time though, Big John wasn't able to go (work), so he sent Cathy, Joe, and his oldest son Matt with me to go perch'n this morning.

This was Matt's first time in the Ranger, and he liked it. Today was one of those days where the lake conditions allowed us to go faster than usual, so it was a fun ride.

We met at Catawba ramp this morning at 6:45 and hit the water. We went up to "Taco Bell" and started fishing at around 7:15 in 33 foot of water. The shiners from Hi Way Bait this morning were a good mix of larger and smaller ones, so the large ones we split in half. We were using two hook crappie rigs instead of spreaders.

My crew had a lot of fun catching perch this morning, and the banter between Mother and Sons was pretty humorous.

We caught 120 perch in the 8-12 inch range with probably twice that many in throw backs and white perch. There was probably close to 30 seagulls taking advantage of the poor fate of the white perch, and were fed well. As always they were entertaining in their silly antics towards each other when a fish was thrown their way.

We finished up with our limit in 3 1/2 hours and headed back in. The timing was perfect since they had only set up a 4 hour trip this morning.

The weather was perfect with a 5-8 mph SE wind, partly cloudy skies, and temps in the 70's. It really doesn't get any better than that!

Thunderstorms should be here this afternoon around 3pm, so I'm glad it was a short trip and the boat is clean and back under her carport for the night.

I'm off tomorrow, but will be fishing Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

Looks like Thursday is a 6 hour Perch trip and the rest of them are walleye trips. I'm thinking of hitting Huron again this weekend, since I haven't been there since before my vacation a couple weeks ago. If Huron is a bust, it's not that far to the weather buoy from there if the conditions allow the ride out there in a timely fashion.

Stay tuned....
http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html