Stick bait for walleyes Stick bait for walleyes Stick bait for walleyes Stick bait for walleyes

Default Stick bait for walleyes

I have had fair luck with harnesses but am hoping to improve my catch by running some stickbaits. Am hoping people that do well will share what baits they like best. Will most certainly appreciate good info and tips. Wishing safe trips and full coolers to all.

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Eyes have it! View Post
    I have had fair luck with harnesses but am hoping to improve my catch by running some stickbaits. Am hoping people that do well will share what baits they like best. Will most certainly appreciate good info and tips. Wishing safe trips and full coolers to all.

Frank
    Ahh. The age old question. When you figure this one out i will bow down to you. The simple answer as I have found is "it depends". It depends on: what time of year, water clarity, time of day, depth of water, depth of fish, wind speed, wind direction, local bait fish, and on and on and on..............MY opinion: sticks are better in low light conditions. Natural colors in clear waters, bright colors with rattles and larger sizes in stained waters. I have witnessed guys coming in at dawn, with limit catches all summer long, night trolling Rapalas. They showed me silver and black baits that looked like they were smashed with a hammer. They showed me the full cooler more than once. Again MY opinion: It is more important to find when and where the fish are feeding. If you can do that, your catch will increase no matter what bait you are using.

Renowsky's have been good for me in blue and orange jointed rapala was hot last spring/early summer. I asked the same question awhile back and got some good answers on which lures. Like Mr. Roboto says it depends and each person has some they like over another one. The renowskys feel cheap but they catch fish for me so until I find another that works I will stick with those.

Renosky..........no "W"......carry on.........................< ' (((((((((((() ><

Quote Originally Posted by dukhnter8 View Post
    Renowsky's have been good for me in blue and orange jointed rapala was hot last spring/early summer. I asked the same question awhile back and got some good answers on which lures. Like Mr. Roboto says it depends and each person has some they like over another one. The renowskys feel cheap but they catch fish for me so until I find another that works I will stick with those.
    They do work, but are pure junk. Chinese made scrap, we lost a walleye a couple of years in a tournament that would have won us over $4000.00 because the hook attachment eye pulled out of the lure. Now we run 90% Bay Rats and catch as many fish.