Sportcraft type boats with inboards trolling motor set ups Sportcraft type boats with inboards trolling motor set ups Sportcraft type boats with inboards trolling motor set ups Sportcraft type boats with inboards trolling motor set ups

Default Sportcraft type boats with inboards trolling motor set ups

Lets see your trolling motor set ups on inboards. dont really wanna use the big motor if I dont have to! Looking at a 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke to push my 94 Sportcraft 250 Fisherman. Also wanna be able to steer from the Helm not the stern. Might have to ditch the swim platform to!
    It's All About the Journey NOT the Destination!!!

"I FIND THE FISH I ALWAYS FIND THE FISH"!!!

1994 Sportcraft Hard top 250 Fisherman

Here is what I have found thus far.

Default Wild Wings

Saw a 27 sporty coming out the channel from Wild Wings almost to the end of charter boat row, not sure whos it was but looked nice, did notice boat was an I/O. Boat was just about where they took down old house, maybe the Capt. will see this and chime in, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK PEARL View Post
    Lets see your trolling motor set ups on inboards. dont really wanna use the big motor if I dont have to! Looking at a 9.9 Mercury 4 stroke to push my 94 Sportcraft 250 Fisherman. Also wanna be able to steer from the Helm not the stern. Might have to ditch the swim platform to!
    First get a 9.9 high thrust 4 stroke kicker with power trim and tilt it will be more than adequate for your 25 footer! My kicker has the 25" shaft and I would not change to a shorter one even if it was free.

Mount it in the center of the transom but on the swim platform. There are 2 sportys at Paradise Acers and Beef Creek Marina with the engines mounted in the center of the transom but are on the movable kicker type brackets that rais up and down, they both work really well, one is a 252 and the other is the 23 foot version.

You can make a bracket that is more than strong enough on a Saturday afternoon! I will take a picture of the bracket that I made without any special tools with 1 exception! That is a saw blade made to cut metal and is used in regular skill type circular saw. The frame is constructed out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate and angle. I was able to get a used kicker bracket for the heavier 4 stroke engine and used the black rubber/nylon block for the motor to mount on. It is rigid and works really well.

I also installed a remote throttle control and the Panther T-4 Electro steer for steering. I run both from the helm! Both work really well for trolling. I also plumbed it into the main engine fuel supply at the fuel water separator filter. It takes longer to gather the necessary materials than the actual fabrication and assembly.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Check your P.M.

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    First get a 9.9 high thrust 4 stroke kicker with power trim and tilt it will be more than adequate for your 25 footer! My kicker has the 25" shaft and I would not change to a shorter one even if it was free.

Mount it in the center of the transom but on the swim platform. There are 2 sportys at Paradise Acers and Beef Creek Marina with the engines mounted in the center of the transom but are on the movable kicker type brackets that rais up and down, they both work really well, one is a 252 and the other is the 23 foot version.

You can make a bracket that is more than strong enough on a Saturday afternoon! I will take a picture of the bracket that I made without any special tools with 1 exception! That is a saw blade made to cut metal and is used in regular skill type circular saw. The frame is constructed out of 1/4 inch aluminum plate and angle. I was able to get a used kicker bracket for the heavier 4 stroke engine and used the black rubber/nylon block for the motor to mount on. It is rigid and works really well.

I also installed a remote throttle control and the Panther T-4 Electro steer for steering. I run both from the helm! Both work really well for trolling. I also plumbed it into the main engine fuel supply at the fuel water separator filter. It takes longer to gather the necessary materials than the actual fabrication and assembly.
    The only problem is if I mount the motor to the swim platform the boat will have to stay outside and I'd loose my inside storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Pole setter View Post
    Check your P.M.
    Love the set up!

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post

Mount it in the center of the transom but on the swim platform. There are 2 sportys at Paradise Acers and Beef Creek Marina with the engines mounted in the center of the transom but are on the movable kicker type brackets that raise up and down, they both work really well, one is a 252 and the other is the 23 foot version.

BLACK PEARL I first would like to apologize for the post as it sounds to bossy and makes it sound like you would not know what motor you may want! My grandson wrote the post for me in the word processor and then copied and pasted it into the comments/reply section before I could proof read it. I explained to him how he could have said the same thing without sounding so bossy and I hope he can wrap his 11 year old head around what I explained to him. I know that you are no longer interested in the swim platform mounting but decided to post the pics anyhow as someone else may be interested.
    Here are the pics. Anyone with questions please post them or PM them to me.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip