Anchor Anchor Anchor Anchor

Thread: Anchor

Default Anchor

I have never fished lake erie and just wondering what is the best anchor to use i have a 21' lund tyee thanks !!!

Default Anchor

Most if not all of us that run in erie use a fluke/danforth type anchor, just find the appropriate size for your boat. If it's too small it may not hold and to large is just a waste of money.

thank you much!!!

Default chain

Put a length of heavier chain between line and anchor to help set anchor. Jerk on line a couple times after it hits bottom. Let out enough line so wave action is not pulling up on anchor.
    Last edited by Justretired; 09-12-2014 at 02:20 PM. Reason: left stuff out

we fought our anchor the first few times up. IF we are having problems i will tie a second anchor to the first with 15 feet of line between the 2. NO problems holding in 3 to 5's.

just an fyi, we have had the weirdest things happen when trying to anchor. twice my anchor has lodged into small branches (2 inch dia. by 5 feet long), once one point speared a beer can. this just added to my aggravation and caused us to use a second anchor when needed.
    Last edited by ack; 09-12-2014 at 09:25 PM.

I use a fluke style anchor with a slide ring on it. something like the one bass pro shops carry. the slide ring lets you pull up wind then pull your anchor. I always use about an 8' piece of 3/8 chain on my line between the anchor and line. I also make sure to let out enough line for the depth of water im in. if im fishing in 45' of water I like to let out about 150' of line.
    sherman