Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing Ontario salmon/trout fishing
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

I fish out of Olcott a lot. Right now things are really slow. Fish are out of temps and staging. Guys did ok earlier last week at the bar, trolling the shelf. That's shut down again as well. I wouldn't even waste my time going to Wilson or Olcott right now. Fish are moving east towards Salmon river. If I was going to make a special trip, I'd go to Sodius. Different water fish are still active. A lot of river water from Olcott to the west. You can't use ruff riders reports and fish the same fow in Olcott like someone kinda mentioned. If you do fish Wilson or Olcott stay anywhere from 35' to 80' looking for staged kings. Maybe get into some browns. Also green dot crush glow spinnies , marriage flies have been the most productive. Dipsies are producing more than any other presentation. . Mag glow spoons,moonshines. The off shore bite is garbage right now. You might get some steelhead but no one is getting kings. It's all tough at the western end right now so don't have high expectations! Good luck!

Ok heading to olcott tomorrow afternoon til Sunday. Got a hotel room for the weekend. Anyone have any tips on which way to go out of the harbor? Bailey. You need to blow off work Saturday and come fish both days with us. I'm ready to slay some salmon. I'm just hopin they're ready to bite.

I'd fish the bar first. Troll the shelf. Olcott has been garbage for a couple weeks now. Fish are moving east. If you launch out of fort Niagara go about three miles straight out and you'll find the red can. Start there and head NE untill you find the drop. Stay right on that shelf. If you're going to fish Olcott head north east out of the harbor and do the usual troll, microwave tower to the power plant. The bite is slow. And probably won't pick up. Fish are staged and not eating. You may be able to get a mixed bag with some browns, Lakers and steelies. Stay inshore, you won't find any mature kings out by the 28-30 line (8-10 miles out). I'd fish from 30 to 80 fow of water, maybe get a mature to get Angry Enough to bite!! Try using some stick baits in shore, mag glow spoon, moonshines, and of course spinnies and flies. Green dot crush glow would be the first color spin doc to get out and go from there.
    Last edited by Fish Slayer 716; 09-07-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Slayer 716 View Post
    I'd fish the bar first. Troll the shelf. Olcott has been garbage for a couple weeks now. Fish are moving east. If you launch out of fort Niagara go about three miles straight out and you'll find the red can. Start there and head NE untill you find the drop. Stay right on that shelf. If you're going to fish Olcott head north east out of the harbor and do the usual troll, microwave tower to the power plant. The bite is slow. And probably won't pick up. Fish are staged and not eating. You may be able to get a mixed bag with some browns, Lakers and steelies. Stay inshore, you won't find any mature kings out by the 28-30 line (8-10 miles out). I'd fish from 30 to 80 fow of water, maybe get a mature to get Angry Enough to bite!! Try using some stick baits in shore, mag glow spoon, moonshines, and of course spinnies and flies. Green dot crush glow would be the first color spin doc to get out and go from there.
    Thanks. It's 330am and everything is still in the air with this storm cell. Depending on weather. We were head eastern. From what I was told there are a ton of fish from 30 to 60 but arm x

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    Thanks. It's 330am and everything is still in the air with this storm cell. Depending on weather. We were head eastern. From what I was told there are a ton of fish from 30 to 60 but arm x
    9am and were sitting at the kitchen table staring out the window like a couple of kids. Looks like we might get a break here in the next hr. crossing our fingers

Quote Originally Posted by copo427ss View Post
    9am and were sitting at the kitchen table staring out the window like a couple of kids. Looks like we might get a break here in the next hr. crossing our fingers
    I think tomorrow they're calling for 4'-6's. NE blow. So today will probably be your day. Like I said, stay at the Bar. That will be the best place to fish right now and traffic might night be so bad due to the weather!

Copo, better check the radar, lake ontario is covered with storms from here to Roch. - Watertown! go back to bed lol.

Big line of thunder storms coming across of Erie. I'm just like you sitting in the kitchen, looking outside, checking the weather map.

Fyi Everyone. - today. (?) Maybe it the antique, classic boat show at the Buffalo Launch Club on Grand Island. I've gone before and always had a great time. If the weather allows??????

Fished waverly last night , got 4-5 bass no eyes, quit at midnight , the eyes beat me again !