how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo how is fishing in buffalo
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 323 of 465 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423 ... LastLast
Results 3,221 to 3,230 of 4646
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    One gill plate stickers got me in the middle of the hand & left the point in there, sob!
    OUCH!

I didn't get any stuck in but a few cuts. Mine are kinda like the ones when you are stripping wire with a razor knife. But we know better than to do that practice anymore.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

How much time is left in the year to catch perch? I am looking to go the weekend of Oct. 10- 14. Will the perch still be active? Where do the perch usually congregate as the water cools? Out of St. Point or the Catt. Thanks

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    How much time is left in the year to catch perch? I am looking to go the weekend of Oct. 10- 14. Will the perch still be active? Where do the perch usually congregate as the water cools? Out of St. Point or the Catt. Thanks

Tony
    You can fish perch as long as you can get on the water with the boat. Then you can chase them on the ice.
    Current floatation device :
    Chris Craft Seahawk 254

FishingWNY- like us on Facebook
    Ultimate Outdoors of WNY- like us on Facebook. Find us on the water
    Staff at Kishels Scents
    Staff at Elusion Camo

Post Thanks / Like

Default perch

Perch are always there , its a matter of hide and SEEK !
    we have been doing well
    glowgetter

23 foot trophy

Post Thanks / Like

We out out today for about 6 hrs. Ended up with 23 perch. We moved several times. Get a few then their gone. The wind picked up and we couldn't hold bottom. I have to add a chain to my rode before my anchor. This will defiantly help
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    We out out today for about 6 hrs. Ended up with 23 perch. We moved several times. Get a few then their gone. The wind picked up and we couldn't hold bottom. I have to add a chain to my rode before my anchor. This will defiantly help
    Oh! I forgot to mention. Some were BIG </////>< , Some were medium <///><, Some were small </><.
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

I have a buddy whose anchor won't hold, he refuses to put a chain on it & he sold chain for a living!!! Pain in my A$$ !

Post Thanks / Like

Nice article on fall walleye fishing by Pro Fisherman and my friend Ross Robertson http://www.wired2fish.com/a-plan-for...s-in-the-fall/

Post Thanks / Like

I have to confess. After a final tabulation we caught 28 perch the other day. My neighbor took the fish and he informed me that the total was 28 not 23 like originally thought. Maybe they reproduced in the cooler.

Lineman you are right. The chain is the way to go. I had a caucus with Anchor Wheel and he concurs. I use to have a chain on the anchor line. But the situation there was my anchor person ( wife ) use to complain when she had to lower and pull up the anchor. " It's too heavy with the chain." "The chain is too rusty." I said you drive the boat and I'll raise and lower the anchor. The answer there was "NO". What could I do??? Lose holding power and save a marriage was my thought.
    But now we need holding power when perching. So back to the chain. Now the anchor tender will get more muscles.

Now I have a question??? There were other boats around us. Two of them deployed a large orange / red, round ball type of floating fender looking device. I believe their anchor line was hooked to it. What is this for? Whats the logic?
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Post Thanks / Like

I have to confess. After a final tabulation we caught 28 perch the other day. My neighbor took the fish and he informed me that the total was 28 not 23 like originally thought. Maybe they reproduced in the cooler.

Lineman you are right. The chain is the way to go. I had a caucus with Anchor Wheel and he concurs. I use to have a chain on the anchor line. But the situation there was my anchor person ( wife ) use to complain when she had to lower and pull up the anchor. " It's too heavy with the chain." "The chain is too rusty." I said you drive the boat and I'll raise and lower the anchor. The answer there was "NO". What could I do??? Lose holding power and save a marriage was my thought.
    But now we need holding power when perching. So back to the chain. Now the anchor tender will get more muscles.

Now I have a question??? There were other boats around us. Two of them deployed a large orange / red, round ball type of floating fender looking device. I believe their anchor line was hooked to it. What is this for? Whats the logic?
    I think the float device is use to raise the anchor when it's broke free from the bottom. like I said ( I think ). Was going to mention that to you today but don't know much about it. Hopefully more info will get posted on this.