The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues The Noobie Blues
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default The Noobie Blues

Its my second year on Erie and I'm working hard to figure it out. I have all of the gear and none of the know how! I have learned that lots of walleye fisherman on Erie are tight lipped on how they boat fish. I was glad to find this forum where it seems folks are more helpful.

Last sunday I trolled from 7 pm to 12 pm off the golf course in Dunkirk for walleye. I marked fish in 25 to 30 feet of water and set out two harnesses on boards 130 feet back with trolling weights. I then put out two stick baits in firetiger and silver black on lead core lines, one 4 colors, one five. Trolled 1.8 to 2.2 mph. Long story short, no bites.

I would love to hear any suggestions folks have. I'm traveling next week but hope to hit it again when I return. I'm humbled by how difficult it seems to be. I've caught one 12 inch walleye on Lake erie... has to get better than that!?

when at night go lite and shallow .rapalas/husky jerks/ scatter raps any stick bait in 5 to 10 fow keep it simple. you may have missed the nite bite at dunkirk not sure on that area but rest of south shore is still good/ 15 last nite. fish are still full of milt so they will be around for awhile

Default Thanks

Thanks for the help man. I'll keep at it. Hope to be able to return a tip soon! Tight lines!

You may be fishing under them for that time of day/nite......try bringing your presentation higher. They are always looking up.......experiment.
    Good luck

hey harsh,

stay with this site, the guy on this site have taught me so much, my catch ratio went up 150% becuse of the info. from this site.

Thanks guys. I'm reinvigorated! Really appreciate all the pointers. Hope to see you on the water!

hi
    I'm in town just through tonight...
    Been going crazy watching all the night time fishermen off the Hamburg clock tower (Hoak's)...No boat here....Anybody headed out tonight?
    Fellow Fisherwoman
    Thanks
    liz

Just keep at it and do a lot of reading on here. I like to keep things simple, I only fish with four poles as my boat isn't that big mostly leadcore and harnesses. Go and look at the older posts. Good luck!!

Default harnesses

Okay guys, a question. I've been using the double willow blade harnesses in watermelon and purple,black. Are these the right pick or should I be using something smaller with a single blade? Also, what speed are you all trolling at? I spend 6 hours trolling today on Meyers at 1.5 to 2 mph on lead core and 30 jets. Marked them but didn't get any hits. Was really frustrating. Starting to think I'm jinxed!

I prefer Colorado blades and some realy wild colors all my bladrs are custom and harnesses are tied by myself. I use 3d pro eye beads also and wire snells i buy from Fishkiller. Colors vary somedays bright and loud other days dark and subtle best to have a few hundred harnesses to choose from literally. Nicks sporting good on Kenmore, rainbow sports and Fishkiller all good places to buy locally. Off the net backwater tackle and tylers basement creations.
    22' starcraft islander "H"EYE STRUNG

Staff Fishing WNY
    Team member Descendants outdoors TV
    Prostaff Elusion camo .
    Prostaff ITO Flies
    Prostaff Ultimate Outdoors of WNY.
    Field Staff Kishels Scents and Lures .