East from Walnut East from Walnut East from Walnut East from Walnut

Default East from Walnut

Yesterday we launched from Walnut at 6:30 am. Headed NE to 65 fow and quickly picked up a 31" walleye. Pounded the same marks over and over. Went out to deep water and marked almost nothing. Where the hell are they? Went back in to 66 fow. The rest of the day yielded only 6 more keepers, nothing over 24". Five shorties, 14" to 15". One nine incher. Lots of junk. Quit at 2 due to approaching storm. Nice day,1 footers, light SW breeze, and cloudy. One on spoon and the rest on meat. This is one puzzling season!
    Grady White 208 Adventure
    200 Yamaha & 9.9 Yamaha
    Garmin 741xs plotter and finder with CHIRP
    Autopilot
    ITroll with hunt mode

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    Yesterday we launched from Walnut at 6:30 am. Headed NE to 65 fow and quickly picked up a 31" walleye. Pounded the same marks over and over. Went out to deep water and marked almost nothing. Where the hell are they? Went back in to 66 fow. The rest of the day yielded only 6 more keepers, nothing over 24". Five shorties, 14" to 15". One nine incher. Lots of junk. Quit at 2 due to approaching storm. Nice day,1 footers, light SW breeze, and cloudy. One on spoon and the rest on meat. This is one puzzling season!

Sounds like a great day to me!

Don't mean to sound like i'm complaining it's just that compared to most past years the fish aren't where they are supposed to be. Don't they understand that they shouldn't be hanging around in 77 degree, oxygen starved water. They are supposed to be out in deeper cold water living the good life.

Quote Originally Posted by rubycat16 View Post
    Nice day,1 footers
    I cancelled 2 trips; one Saturday and one Monday due to the weather and wave reports. I plan to come up tomorrow and fish out of walnut Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I thought it was 2-4 feet or worse the last few days? I spent the last few days painting and landscaping on vacation.