Fish report 7/7/16 Fish report 7/7/16 Fish report 7/7/16 Fish report 7/7/16

Default Fish report 7/7/16

On advice from Frank's post. I hit area east of Kelly's today. 33 fow kept 9 over 20 inches threw back 4 barely legal keepers and several more shorts. Was steady from 8 to noon then died off. Ib frozen bandits 80 to 120 back at 2.6 to 2.8 mph. Also caught a couple on pink double willow spinners with 2 oz inlines 60 to 130 back. Thanks to frank for a good report! Good luck all

Quote Originally Posted by troy1976 View Post
    On advice from Frank's post. I hit area east of Kelly's today. 33 fow kept 9 over 20 inches threw back 4 barely legal keepers and several more shorts. Was steady from 8 to noon then died off. Ib frozen bandits 80 to 120 back at 2.6 to 2.8 mph. Also caught a couple on pink double willow spinners with 2 oz inlines 60 to 130 back. Thanks to frank for a good report! Good luck all
    Thanks for the report, well done.
    It does seem that worm harness's are starting to come into their own right now, but stick baits and spoons should be mixed in to see what they want on any particular day.

We need more reports of fishing in the Central Lake Erie Forum, which is where you were fishing.
    It would be nice if you could repost this report in > http://community.walleye.com/forumdi...ishing-REPORTS

Thanks
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Troy, so 33 fow can be had a few miles off Kellys. were you clear out to Vermillion?
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Off the se corner of Kelly's 1 mile

Best report I seen or heard in a while, Thanks

Cool thanks!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Page View Post
    Thanks for the report, well done.
    It does seem that worm harness's are starting to come into their own right now, but stick baits and spoons should be mixed in to see what they want on any particular day.

We need more reports of fishing in the Central Lake Erie Forum, which is where you were fishing.
    It would be nice if you could repost this report in > http://community.walleye.com/forumdi...ishing-REPORTS

Thanks
    I don't know that I would think to post 1 mile East of Kelly's in the Central Basin forum. However, if guys from the Central Basin are coming over to the Islands for fish then I would assume that they are reading the Western Basin Reports. I'd love to see more Central Basin Reports myself. If anyone ever wants to copy and paste a report of mine from the Western Basin to the Central Basin, please do feel free to do so. I am fine with that. I will try to keep that in mind this time of year as we get East of the Islands a little.

What would most people say that the line is between the two basins? I always think of it as Cedar Point Channel would be a good indicator.

-Matt

Way to go troy! There's still biggins there but it was a evening bite!

I used harnesses and spoons kept catching shorts, so I went to bandits, didn't get the number of bites but the fish where for the most part all keepers, with very very few shorts, grandma always said bigger bait bigger fish! THANKS grandma!
    I also agree with madd Matt on it being the western basin, my western basin map has that area on it ,so I assume it is still in the western basin.
    Last edited by Frank; 07-08-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Fish report 7/8/16: buddies wanted to cast today so we set up between Kelly's and east side of south bass drifted for about 2 hours on first pass boated 14 kept one. Red Earie dearies and copper weapons 8 to 15 count. Moved to Lucy's point hoping for better grade caught two more shorts and crew decided time to troll. Put 4 bandits ib frozen out and 4 willow leaf blades pulled a 27 inch walleye on bandit and lost one at boat. Trolled down to red buoy from Lucy's. Just the two fish. Put tube jigs on and went bouncing in the rocks for some small mouth. Caught a couple real nice ones and a whole flock of fish Ohio sheephead. Had absolute blast jigging the bass and sheephead. Off the water at three. Perch tomorrow morning and then sending friends home before this turns into work. Any thoughts on perch around islands? Don't need to light them up but just want a decent fish fry. Thanks!!