Quiet Website Quiet Website Quiet Website Quiet Website
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quiet Website

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Happy Birthday America!!! It is now the 4th of July, the boat is in Geneva, the lake is fishable and still no reports. I don't get it. I know some fish are being caught because I hear it on the radio. I know because I mentioned that I found a nice one due north on the O2 line taken on a UV NASCAR spoon off a dipsey.
    I must say it is very disappointing to see so many views and only a very few posts.
    We all like to read and know where the action is taking place and what program worked.
    That can't be done without folk posting the good, bad and the ugly about fishing Lake Erie.
    I understand being tight lipped when a tournament is coming up in the next few days but can't understand the lack of posts at other times.
    Lake Erie is a fantastic fishery, with more than enough fish and fishing spots to serve us all and more if needed.
    The hatches for 2015 and 2016 were exceptional and we are seeing the results in the number of under size fish which we are all carefully putting back.

One of the problems I observe is that there are 2 seperate forums on this site, Western and Central.
    That in itself is causing some confusion and I have already suggested to the webmaster that it would be better if the Western and Central were combined.

We have posted a report with a map showing all our fishing spots in the Central Basin, viewed now by over 1,000 people but no replies other than a my own asking why no replies.

We are living in a very selfish world, where "me" is the only importance, very sad!
    I appeal to those reading this to post your fishing reports so that we can all have a better idea of what is working and where the fish are biting.

Thanks
    Roy Page
    Morning Mist II - Pursuit 3000 Express
    Call Roy Page on Channel 79
    Vermilion Ohio
    YouTube Walleye Fishing Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EdlWtjSet3fYh9

Hi-I have fished the western basin my entire life and have never ventured to the central basin. Hopefully if i get out in the next 2 weeks I will post a report-I have a decent idea of where to go now thanks to your maps. Inormally go on the western basin website most of the time but wouldnlove to assist the geowth of the central basin site.- Tight lines

Where can find these maps?

Roy posted them a couple days ago in a different thread-vermilion fishing i think

Roy Page,

Nice post Roy! You basially reinterated what I said 2 months ago. It's a shame the difference between the 2 sites. The only reason I haven't had a chance to post a fishing report yet is I've had to cancel 4 trips due to the weather. One on the Western Basin & three on the Central Basin. Including this weekends trip. It's just to far to drive & too expensive to hope to get out 1 day of a 2 1/2 day trip. Hopefully I can make it up the end of this month (next open window of availability). If not, that will only leave my trip to New York during the LOC Salmon Derby in August as my 1 & only Great Lakes trip this year. Sad state of affairs.

Tight lines & be safe!

Default Guilty

Point well taken. I have viewed Western and Central reports for the past year but am rather new to the Walleye scene. Perched all my life. I have now joined and will contribute as much as I can. I love to share information and how I have done. I am docked out of Vermilion, and last Sat the 2nd landed 5 nice fish in 42 fow. 20'', 22'', 25'', 27'', 28''. 6th one got off before I saw how big it was but pulled the board completely under like the rest of them did. Running Purple Perch DDHJ 70 back. Non stop action for 2.5 hrs from 5:30pm until 8:00pm. Went back same place the next morning the 3rd and then again that evening of the 3rd. Same program with lures but not the same results. 1 fish 18''......the rest were throwbacks!!!! They moved on.