Fishing with the Rupp Brothers 5/9 & 5/10/15 Fishing with the Rupp Brothers 5/9 & 5/10/15 Fishing with the Rupp Brothers 5/9 & 5/10/15 Fishing with the Rupp Brothers 5/9 & 5/10/15
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default inlines

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    Why do you use inline weights for harnesses and not snap on weights like used with stick baits? Will snap on weights work with harnesses?
    Patsea, I do believe you can reference snap weights as inlines as well with the snap weights you might be able to target the fishing a bit more precise, I utilize both, its whatever pleases the fishes palate I guess..... still Julia did not answer my question on the inlines, did she use and inline 1 oz with a 4ft lead and then put the line out 31/41 or then apply the 1oz snap weight, its confusing as to where the 1oz weight was applied in the line to target that 20ft of water in 29ft depths. Wakina's explanation did not address my question to Julia, that was a basic overview of bottom bouncing/ using inlines and the pros and cons.

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    still Julia did not answer my question on the inlines, did she use and inline 1 oz with a 4ft lead and then put the line out 31/41 or then apply the 1oz snap weight, its confusing as to where the 1oz weight was applied in the line to target that 20ft of water in 29ft depths.
    My harnesses are 5 foot long. I attach a 1oz inline chain sinker (swivel snap on one end of the weight and a chain on the other end). Attach the chain end to the snap swivel that is on the end of your main line. Then, attach the harness to the snap swivel on the sinker. Reel your line up to your rod tip, and zero out your line counter reel. Let out 31 foot of line and attach your planer board. Let it out away from the boat. It's now fishing "31 back over 29 foot of water".

A 1 oz inline will not be running at 20 foot. The number 2 Tadpole at 27 back is.

Hope that clears it up.

Hope that helps.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    Why do you use inline weights for harnesses and not snap on weights like used with stick baits? Will snap on weights work with harnesses?
    Yes, they impart different action in wavy conditions. If I could only choose one, it would be the Tadpoles though. It's a diving weight.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thumbs up thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    My harnesses are 5 foot long. I attach a 1oz inline chain sinker (swivel snap on one end of the weight and a chain on the other end). Attach the chain end to the snap swivel that is on the end of your main line. Then, attach the harness to the snap swivel on the sinker. Reel your line up to your rod tip, and zero out your line counter reel. Let out 31 foot of line and attach your planer board. Let it out away from the boat. It's now fishing "31 back over 29 foot of water".

A 1 oz inline will not be running at 20 foot. The number 2 Tadpole at 27 back is.

Hope that clears it up.

Hope that helps.
    thnx for your insight Julia, will be out at mosquito point at pelee today

Quote Originally Posted by limitlypps View Post
    thnx for your insight Julia, will be out at mosquito point at pelee today
    Thanks for the response Juls. Makes sense.