Barcelona Barcelona Barcelona Barcelona
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barcelona

Default Barcelona

Tell me about Barcelona Harbor.

Have you used it?
    Is this a state or private launch?
    What is the cost?
    How are the facilities, parking, fish cleaning station etc....?

THANKS!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
    Tell me about Barcelona Harbor.

Have you used it?
    Is this a state or private launch?
    What is the cost?
    How are the facilities, parking, fish cleaning station etc....?

THANKS!!!!!
    Yes, many times, but not this year.
    it is a town launch
    believe it "officially" closes Sept 15th?
    facilities are nice, good parking capacity, no fish cleaning station, limited dockage available.
    harbor can get shallow in fall, but I was told they were dredging channel last week

Believe cost is $5 per launch or $50 for year.

Is there any good early season Walleye fishing out of Barcelona, or is the best shot the night troll off of Hamburg?

Yes, There's VERY good walleye fishing at night.
    Trouble is, that in-shore East and West of Barcelona there are rocks as big as your garage near (and not so near) shore. A good friend of mine that knows Barcelona waters as well as anyone (charters there) ripped the lower housing right off his 250 a couple years ago. Another friend that lives in Barcelona won't even take his boat out at night and troll the shore.

I'm not saying it can't be done, and it is done, but be very careful.
    I'd rather fish off of Hamburg. We do very well there (It takes some "Hunting") but more than likely you'll go home with your boat..

Bill
    Last edited by B3B; 04-21-2015 at 11:41 PM.
    When the cold winds blow and we're covered up in snow,
    I’ll be on the ice a' Fishin’, down through a hole.
    When the ice goes out and the days get hot
    I’ll be out there a fishin’, in the same damn spot.

Years ago friends of mine would leave work from Buffalo at 4:30 drive to Barcelona, fish east of the harbor (5-15 fow) down to DJ's camp ground & be done by 10:00 with 2 limits of fish & be home in bed by 12:00.

Thanks for the info guys! I am not to very fond of night fishing. Dusk and dawn are ok, but that's it for me. I live in Hamburg, but just bought a place a few miles from Barcelona, so I will be spending some time there. Any other tips for this area would really be appreciated. Guess i will be fishing in some deeper water for suspended fish, as opposed to bottom feeders off of Hamburg.......................<'(((((((((()><
    Last edited by Mr. Roboto; 04-24-2015 at 07:27 AM.

Talk with the locals some will give out info. but most are tight lipped. A lot of good fishing is down near/on the Pa. line early on. Also watch out for the commercial fishing nets most times west of the harbor look for flag makers. When we would fish the south town tourny. we would drive back & forth every day to Barcelona. we were on the water by 6 AM & fish until 6 PM drive home, clean fish & then do it all over the next day! Really makes for a long day & lots of gas money! We spent $600 for gas & where happy as pigs in s#@t when we won a $150 box of sponsor's lures. Wives claim we were nuts ,now I think they were rite! lol

Quote Originally Posted by lineman49 View Post
    Talk with the locals some will give out info. but most are tight lipped. A lot of good fishing is down near/on the Pa. line early on. Also watch out for the commercial fishing nets most times west of the harbor look for flag makers. When we would fish the south town tourny. we would drive back & forth every day to Barcelona. we were on the water by 6 AM & fish until 6 PM drive home, clean fish & then do it all over the next day! Really makes for a long day & lots of gas money! We spent $600 for gas & where happy as pigs in s#@t when we won a $150 box of sponsor's lures. Wives claim we were nuts ,now I think they were rite! lol
    We stay at Lake Erie State Park. Nice place, and lots of friendly fisherman to joke around with...
    When the cold winds blow and we're covered up in snow,
    I’ll be on the ice a' Fishin’, down through a hole.
    When the ice goes out and the days get hot
    I’ll be out there a fishin’, in the same damn spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Roboto View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! I am not to very fond of night fishing. Dusk and dawn are ok, but that's it for me. I live in Hamburg, but just bought a place a few miles from Barcelona, so I will be spending some time there. Any other tips for this area would really be appreciated. Guess i will be fishing in some deeper water for suspended fish, as opposed to bottom feeders off of Hamburg.......................<'(((((((((()><
    That sounds like a smart move. I've been thinking about doing that for some time. Keep us informed of how it turns out. At least you're not paying Erie County Taxes out there.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams