I Wish I could do Today Over! Fishing 7/21/14 I Wish I could do Today Over! Fishing 7/21/14 I Wish I could do Today Over! Fishing 7/21/14 I Wish I could do Today Over! Fishing 7/21/14

Default I Wish I could do Today Over! Fishing 7/21/14

Woke up at my usual time this morning...3:30. Had my two cups of coffee, and made some dark chocolate brownies with peanut butter chips for my crew today. I timed everything out, so I would leave the house at 5:45, go gas up, get crawlers and ice, and hit Mazuriks with plenty of time to clean the boat up before my crew arrived, because I was kind of exhausted yesterday afternoon and didn't get around to cleaning the boat.

My regular customer, Steve Chapman, would be fishing with his brother, Chuck, and his nephew, John, today. They were to meet me at the park at 7:30, so I knew I would have enough time to get everything done before they showed up.

At 5:30 I loaded up the boat with my usual things like, towels, coffee can of cralwers, lunch, Capt creditentials, water, and snacks. Check, check, check...I was ready to go. I said my goodbyes to the dogs and went to grab my keys from their usual spot. They weren't there...."Okay, don't panic. They have to be here somewhere" I said out loud. I looked everywhere, and then it dawned on me where they were. They were still in the ignition of the truck, because yesterday when my crew and I got back to the house, I went to get out of the truck, but realized the windows were down. I turned the key and rolled up the windows. But, right then, I was handed a credit card to use for their balance due.

In order for me to use the card reader on my iphone, I have to take the Otterbox covering off of it, and instead of taking the keys out of the ignition, I tore apart my phone covering. I swiped his card, got the signature, and sent the receipt. I forgot about the keys and closed the door and said my goodbyes to the crew. Then, I went in the house to greet the dogs, throw some towels in the laundry, and make something to eat.
    The whole night, my ignition was in the "on" position.

Well, you can guess what I found when I went to the truck this morning and tried to start it.............nothing. Nada, zip, zippo! No Juice! Okay, now I have a full on panic attack and call my customers who were driving up from Columbus this morning to tell them, "I have a problem...my truck is dead". Steve was very kind and just said, "let us know what you want to do after you try getting it going" (or, something close to that).

Luckily, I have the GREATEST neighbor in the world! Jerry had just gotten up and was making coffee when he got my panicked text asking him for help. He came right out and helped me get it jumped, so I could get it started. THANKS JERRY!!!

At 6:15 it was running, and I was on my way. "Okay, not too far behind schedule", I thought, and headed down the highway. After gassing up and hitting the bait shop, I got to Mazurik's at 7am. I had a 1/2 hour to get things ready and wipe down the boat before they showed up at 7:30. At 7:15 Steve called to tell me they were going to stop at the Wharf to get their Canadian licenses for the day. I said, "That's fine, see you in a little bit".

At 8:15 they showed up, and we launched at 8:30, which is much later than I like to launch, but it was what it was. It was a nice morning and the lake was calm for a change, so there was nothing to complain about.

I knew that they wanted to fish for smallmouth bass up in Canada, but they also wanted some walleye to take home. Granted I have not bass fished at all yet this year, so I took them to a place that I knew from memories to be pretty good this time of year. Well, a long story short(er)...we ended up with one stinking smallie and about a 1/2 dozen sheephead. We never walleye fished long enough to be able to get into any for any take home fish, so it was a flop of a day fishing wise. Fun wise, and good company wise, it was fantastic! I love these guys, and always have fun with them! They didn't hold it against me...lol We tried and fished hard. It was just one of those days that beats you up inside when you want to get your clients on good fishing....sigh.

I've decided that I don't want to keep smallmouth on the list of available species to target with my charters, and have removed that option. I am going to keep smallie fishing for my off days fun fishing with my friend who likes to bass fish. But, I would much prefer to keep track of where the walleye are roaming by fishing for them instead of bass fishing. At least when you're trolling you can cover a lot of water in 6 hours. You can't Do that bass fishing.

So, if I could do this day over, I would wish to have my truck start in the morning, have my clients show up on time, and go trolling for walleye.

I should know to listen to my gut instinct. I knew where to go for walleye today, but it was a long ride, and not feasible with added bass fishing on the agenda.....it wasn't meant to be....maybe next time.

Tomorrow, I'm going fishing with friends to get back into to some walleye action and get over this frustrating day. lol

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

its very difficult to target other species when walleyes are on the docket.

Be at the Pelee Pt Thursday FYI.

You got that right! lol

My Thursday client had to reschedule due to a son's band recital invite (or something like that), so I won't be out Thursday.

I have to get some chores done...leaving for a fly-in in Canada on the 31st.

We are fun fishing today after I get back from getting something fixed on my truck this morning.

I have to get my "walleye groove" back on today. lol
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

my honey do list is getting longer and longer, will attack that cat today and tomorrow, will be golfing in Michigan same time slot as you 31st, rather be fishing though... lol