Long time listener, 1st time caller Long time listener, 1st time caller Long time listener, 1st time caller Long time listener, 1st time caller

Default Long time listener, 1st time caller

Hello! My name is Teddy. I have been following along on this site for a couple of years now. Because of a previous email problem, the site was not allowing me to log on. I do not know why, or really care at this point, cause I have a new email. lol

I would like to thank everyone here for the wisdom they have shared. I look forward to contributing.

I run a 1994 250 Sportcraft IO with 5.0 Volva-Penta DuoProp named The Jackrabbit out of Turtle Creek Campground(the one off Humphrey Rd), with my beautiful wife and 1st mate Carol. We also own a cottage across the road from the beach as Humphrey Rd. bends around to Turtle Point. I have been fishing the Western basin for 35 years, mostly with my dad, who passed October of 2013.We reside in Columbus Grove, OH. and make it to the lake most weekends during the season. Hell, we got married their in June of 2013! LMAO

We are mostly old school walleye, Erie Dearies, Golden Nuggets, bouncers and harnesses, you get the idea. Reluctantly troll on days with no drift, Hot n Tots, Wiggle Warts, spoons. Walleye have been tough over the last 10 years for us to say the least. I'm not sure if Carol has seen 2 limits for the boat. She jokes about not believing its possible! lol

Perch is a different story however! We start perching as soon as possible, since it seems as if we are walleye challenged of late. A couple of spreaders, no matter the bling, a bucket of shiners, and we typically have pretty good days!

Enough babbling! Anyway, I look forward to making some new friends and becoming a better fisherman

Default welcome

Welcome aboard. Can always use another fisherman's reports. We run out of trutle point in the spring for thr walleye jig bite, look forward to meeting you. Maybe we can team up on day during the jig bite.

Jason

I have had a few good jigging days over the last several years. Very hit or miss for me though in the spring

Welcome aboard Ted!! You are a little far west for me but if i can ever help fell free to give me a call. You could always move your boat over here to channel grove and i would make sure that boat catches all kinds of walleye. With lots of limits.

Default Turtle

Hi Ted, also out of TC, Dock #8, Sportcraft 252 , my camper is right across from fish cleaning station has a big deck on it. Stop in and say Hi... Jon

Welcome aboard
    Thanks
    Capt Erik
    Bose-Man Sportfishing

Default Fenwick

We come from the same stomping grounds. Just a few miles north of your place. You have probably seem my boat many times on your way in or out of the marina. Give me a shout on the radio or stop by the dock if the boat is tied up. 2nd dock from the end across the canal from Turtle ramps. Welcome to the forum.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

went jigging 7 times last year at L can and k can got limit 5 times 4 people 10 fish one trip and 3 guys 8 fish the other 1 oz homemade purple hair jig with stinger bounce the bottom got to feel the bottom lift with a quick jerk up let settle back. no minnows