can't catch a break! can't catch a break! can't catch a break! can't catch a break!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default can't catch a break!

Fished all morning today. Cant seem to figure them out this year casting. Fished outer light, turtle island, consumers power up to luna pier again and wound up catching 3 walleye and lots of white perch. Man, are they gettin big. The bad news is that only 1 of the walleye was qualified to go in the cooler. It was a nice 20 in fish. The other 2 barely stretched to 14 inches. The keeper was byconsumers powerplant in 12 fow. The 2 spikes were caught in about 15 fow on michigan side halfway between turtle and the lighthouse. Gold parrish pea for the keeper and chartruese and white for the little guys. Like I say, it was still better than not fishin.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Don't know if running late this year or we are reaping neg effects of the small hatches or they are still in post jig funk. Usually bottom bouncers are a go to this time of year. But very few good reports of those or good casting reports. Everyone out there can't be trolling and that shouldn't be the only way you can catch a fish....

It has been a very slow retrieve on the bottom with the casting we are doing. It seems like when you are picking up zebra mussels, you catch fish. Does that mean that the walleye are hanging out around areas with zebra mussels? Don't know. Saturday we fished the area around A can.

Friday had most marks on the bottom or just a few inches off the bottom. Those fish are either neutral or inactive. Once the rest cycle gets over the bite will be on!(?)
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks fof the encouragement, guys. Its just frustrating to throw one in the box then not get any more to keep him company. At this rate, at least my dinner will be fresh as it can get all season. Shouldnt complain because I have been eatin walleye 3 or 4 times a week for about a month now. 6 minutes on the foreman grill with some cajun and blackened seasoning with a side of cooked spinach. It doesn't get much better than that. Life is good!!

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Copper was the color of choice Saturday. #5 Colorado with yellow and green beads.

Shouldnt complain because I have been eatin walleye 3 or 4 times a week for about a month now.

Are your toenails glowing yet

We all gotta go somehow. If I go because I eat too much fish then so be it. That same water is growing all your crops and running through your plumbing. I'm not one to believe much of what my government agencies have to say anyway. I'm not glowing after 43 years of living off the bounties of lake erie yet, ill let ya know when I start, though. It will be a lot easier to fish at night. Lol

150 Mercury 4 stroke

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    Thanks fof the encouragement, guys. Its just frustrating to throw one in the box then not get any more to keep him company. At this rate, at least my dinner will be fresh as it can get all season. Shouldnt complain because I have been eatin walleye 3 or 4 times a week for about a month now. 6 minutes on the foreman grill with some cajun and blackened seasoning with a side of cooked spinach. It doesn't get much better than that. Life is good!!
    I too made up for my slow day Friday by raiding freezer Sat night. Took some nice fat walleye fillets. Made a little square pan from aluminum foil by turning sides up half inch. Melted a bunch of butter in it, basted filets and threw in the foil pan, surrounded them with some fresh morel mushrooms! Seasoned whole thing with lemon pepper, cajun, and Lowreys. Topped everything with finely crushed Ritz crackers and Parmesan cheese. Tossed the foil (pan) on the grill till fish fell apart and cracker topping was a bit crusty. My Friday fishing wasn't good, but Sat night eating was mighty fine.....

Default Hang in there

Fished the same area this past weekend and only boated one eye in 12 fow between Turtle and lighthouse. My son had a great time being out on the lake. I guess that is all that really mattered.

We tried the river earlier in the season and had terrible luck. Being told should have been out in the lake. It seems as if we are always at the right place at the wrong time. One of these days we will get into fish.