Ice and eyes Ice and eyes Ice and eyes Ice and eyes

Thread: Ice and eyes

Default Ice and eyes

Bunch of guys on the ice, nobody posting, so I will.

Fished today out of Catawba SP. Went 1.7 miles nw, 26fow. Auger throttle linkage froze up, choke broke, managed to get holes drilled through the 9" of clear ice. Plucked an eye on first line drop, a 2nd shotly after, then it was slow. Picked up last eye, 6 lber at 9:30. No more eyes, but the perch moved in, and I ended with my limit of perch. Fun, cold cold windy day. Heard reports if good bite at 3.5 miles. Ice was nice, NO cracks! Good luck to all

Nice report, Started out with bad luck with your auger issues but sounds like you ended up turning your luck around and had a good day on the ice. Thanks for the update.

Good job! Any snow on the ice yet? What wind direction did you have?
    If you think I'm wrong, you may be right!

Looks like today is the day to be there. NW winds but cold as a witches *** in a brass bra! Winds switch to SW tonight and stay there for tomorrow. Gusts over 20. Don't think I'll be making the trip tomorrow. Not locked up tight enough for me to feel safe with that wind. Good luck to those who try it, hope it doesn't move on you.
    If you think I'm wrong, you may be right!

Quote Originally Posted by Jawbreaker View Post
    Looks like today is the day to be there. NW winds but cold as a witches *** in a brass bra! Winds switch to SW tonight and stay there for tomorrow. Gusts over 20. Don't think I'll be making the trip tomorrow. Not locked up tight enough for me to feel safe with that wind. Good luck to those who try it, hope it doesn't move on you.
    Saturday was stunning. 20 minute walk wnw from Catawba. 14 inches of ice. 22 fow. Marks at 14 and deeper. No bites. No complaints.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ice and eyes-20180106_133625_f22b8e204ee5a874c3ffd8eeeb59ddf3-jpg 

Default Ice conditions

Thanks for posting, looking to get out there at least once this year. sounds like a typical day for me with things breaking, but fish caught...it beats workin. Good luck be safe and please continue to share Ice conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Bunch of guys on the ice, nobody posting, so I will.

Fished today out of Catawba SP. Went 1.7 miles nw, 26fow. Auger throttle linkage froze up, choke broke, managed to get holes drilled through the 9" of clear ice. Plucked an eye on first line drop, a 2nd shotly after, then it was slow. Picked up last eye, 6 lber at 9:30. No more eyes, but the perch moved in, and I ended with my limit of perch. Fun, cold cold windy day. Heard reports if good bite at 3.5 miles. Ice was nice, NO cracks! Good luck to all