little help on boat direction little help on boat direction little help on boat direction little help on boat direction
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default little help on boat direction

so how does everyone troll? with then against the current or do you just let er rip and go which ever way you feel is the right way that day? i always thought with then back against even though you get beat around coming back. anyone tackling those 6 footers today? i'm willing to bet i'll see a facebook post from sara j that they limited out in 3 hours and a 6 man ticket half day today lol.

thanks for the tips.

The Sara J bash is not necessary. His Facebook post from July 26th proves your wrong about that one. Capt Gary posts when it's a tough day as well as when it's a good day. Don't be a hater...it's unflattering.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

It was a joke. Those guys kill it all the time. I just heard there was 6 footers up there. I truly doubt anyone was on the lake. Calm down

checked out his last few fishing posts and he never tells where he got his fish...not much help for anybody...only thing seen was 46 ft someplace... of course he's not in the business of helping anyone except his paying customers...not worth reading.
    Last edited by fisherman 2; 07-30-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reel_Deal View Post
    It was a joke. Those guys kill it all the time. I just heard there was 6 footers up there. I truly doubt anyone was on the lake. Calm down
    Well, he took a beating on this message board, over some guy running a Cat a few months ago, that did something stupid, and it wasn't even him....hard to tell when someone is joking....especially, when it doesn't come across that way. Sorry. Glad to hear you were only joking.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

i wish i did half as well as him. the only reason i said anything was because he's always putting up big numbers in a short time. it's impressive. i've never seen him not do well.

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman 2 View Post
    checked out his last few fishing posts and he never tells where he got his fish...not much help for anybody...only thing seen was 46 ft someplace... of course he's not in the business of helping anyone except his paying customers...not worth reading.
    i just wanted to get some info on trolling directions. the sara j thing was a joke because he's always posting big numbers and the lake was bearing sea friday and saturday. i doubt anyone was fishing. i wasn't reaching out to him personally. i just want to know what everyone else does or if the bite is better north south ect.

For me my trolling direction depends on a lot of factors. 1st being the wave condition, some day's I can troll both directions, some days only with or across. This will be effected a lot by your own person boat, and what your trolling with, larger boats and big boards can do better going into than smaller boats and in line boards.

Second is if there is a group of boats working the same area I try to go with the flow, if I can't do that I try to slide just outside and not be the boat in middle in the way. It's so rude when a group of boats are working in a pattern and one boat tries to run 90* across it. Now it's a big Lake and we all have the right to do what we need to do to get our fish, but if you can't go with the group, try to at least get on the radio and talk to ppl. There is a lot of time one boat will be working 2 or 3 fish and just can't move, getting on the radio and letting other boats in the area know what's happening most of the time they understand and will help, just give it back when they need the same.

I can see how the saha j comment could be taken both wsys. It's important to be very clear with statements on a public forum so they don't get taken the wrong way. There are a lot of great captains on a lake and most will be more than glad to help you out if you give them a little respect. If Gary has a spot he is nailing fish and doesn't want to share, how does that make him a bad person. Have you ever taken a charter with him? Have you ever shared info with him on how your trip went, where you fished, what worked what didnt. Have you ever picked the phone and called him to personal talk one on one if he has the time to do that with you? These are things that all go along way in forming personal relations.

But the best is actually to take a trip with this high quality captains, see how they are fishing, ask questions while your out. One can learn as much in couple of 8 hr trios as you can in years of doing it on your own.

I'm not saying all captains will tell you everthing, nor should they. But I've never had one not talk.

Being a member of numerous forums relating to hobbies in my life (I know fishing is not just a hobby for all here) I was kinda waiting for something to blow up lol. Arguments seem to blow up all the time on craft beer forums and I just don't get it. Needless to say this wasn't even an argument here but it's as close as I've seen yet which says great things about this community. A slight misunderstanding every few months haha. To relate to the thread I also just troll in whichever direction the lake lets me. Without a kicker on our boat (just a 40hp) on a calm day we go about 2.0. I always try and keep my speeds between 1-3 and rarely on the high or low side of that figure.

I would concur with BHAutomotive on the troll with the pack rather than trying to be a hero going across it, that's just plain ignorant and stupid. Usually when you have a large pack there's folks drifting and counting down ripping, small inline planers then guys with the big boards usually relegate to the outside of the pack doing there thing. One thing I'd like to add to those drifters and inline planers, when you are at the end of your drift and done planer boarding from the meat of the pod of fish, pull up and run back with respect outside the pack WITHOUT HUGE bouncing wave action to those still in the pack, be respectful not to spook suspended fish and go slowly back around not to encumber those fishing the pod going with the wave action that day.I personally don't like packs, there's always one rude individual that spoils the broth for everyone out there that day hence that might be why captains remain tight on giving out there coordinates to the fish.Too much pressure will shut the bite down in a heart beat.
    Last edited by limitlypps; 07-31-2017 at 04:52 AM.