Muddy Water everywhere almost . Muddy Water everywhere almost . Muddy Water everywhere almost . Muddy Water everywhere almost .

Default Muddy Water everywhere almost .

Well I spent most of the day messing around in the chocolate milk .We were marking fish but couldn't buy a bite. I finally Remeber to look at satilte image of the lake. Only clean water on the images looked to be north of west sister and also remembered a post saying the bite was out by the border. When we got almost to the Canadian border we started pulling fish. ( Got 4 tickets) We pulled big boards and there was a pack of boat out there. So I ran a line about 1/2 mile south of the pack of boats. TT 40s, 35-55 back ,meat with purple and gold double willow blades. Speed 2 .2. A lot of white bass too unfortunately.

Yea, and stout NE winds for Sat don't look good again.... Did I ever tell you I hate wind!

Was out thur. Managed to get 3 eyes west of north bass 1-3pm tried out my new board rig

Quote Originally Posted by LEfriend View Post
    Yea, and stout NE winds for Sat don't look good again.... Did I ever tell you I hate wind!
    I believe the wind will produce at least a couple of 5 foot waves if this forecast materializes. They will all be slamming the shore line again making more mud. This wind thing has got to go I am so sick of it.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...orecast+Graphs
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Its one extreme or the other. I just came in. Had to run all the way out to west sister from point place to find water that wasn't brown. Then I wind up sittin in one spot with no drift castin in 28 fow. Wasn't feelin it so I packed up and came in early. It was more like a 3 hour boat ride. Oh well, maybe next time. Countin the days til my trip with Capt. Juls. "Woot! Woot! "
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKraft View Post
    Its one extreme or the other. I just came in. Had to run all the way out to west sister from point place to find water that wasn't brown. Then I wind up sittin in one spot with no drift castin in 28 fow. Wasn't feelin it so I packed up and came in early. It was more like a 3 hour boat ride. Oh well, maybe next time. Countin the days til my trip with Capt. Juls. "Woot! Woot! "
    Not to give you any crazy Ideas, but Jerry Able a reputable Charter Captain and guide would create his own drift with an electric trolling motor when the wind would die and it got flat out. Always seemed to help him in those conditions when others were struggling.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Yep you are correct. That has worked for me also. I don't have a gps controlled trolling motor, that would be the cats ass. I will do that if I have someone fishing with me at times. But for some reason when the big boats see a bass boat out in the middle of the lake they like to see how close they can get when they are going to and from fishing spots. There are lots of times I'm almost tossed in the drink by the friendly people flying by to wish me luck. If I'm sittin up front, I wind up movin around too much. I don't like the thought of falling off the bow when I'm by myself. I may need some help gettin back in the boat. With all that being said, I had no problem calling it an early day. I've been working 7pm to 7am then rushing around to get out when the weather lets me and I'm downright exhausted! So I came home and did that thing they call "getting some rest" for a change.
    You wouldn't think having no drift would be so bad when the water isn't real clear but I am not a fish so I can't explain why they want what they want. Good luck to all!!
    Thanks for the response though, Wakina, ill take all the advice I can get. I appreciate it!!!
    Last edited by MasterKraft; 06-06-2015 at 12:46 PM.
    I'm gonna miss her.... ....Maybe not so much, now that she left

2016 Tracker Targa V18 w/t
    150 Mercury 4 stroke
    9.9 Mercury 4 stroke kicker

We have a Minn Kota telling motor on ours with autopilot, that may be an option for you MK. I think it's a Terrova? Autopilot, continuous on and best of all it has a remote that you could use from the back of the boat to acid being on the bow. I know what you mean about the bigger boats buzzing the tower, happens to us a lot as well. Good luck and stay safe.

I have a Minn Kotea a with autopilot as well and love it. Just wish they made a bigger version for my 26 ft four winds. I have one on a 19ft Javelin and use it all day long. We rent a houseboat for a week and almost never even start the outboard. We trolled all day with it on lake Cumberland. They would work great for the guys that run smaller boats on Erie.

Quote Originally Posted by wakina View Post
    I believe the wind will produce at least a couple of 5 foot waves if this forecast materializes. They will all be slamming the shore line again making more mud. This wind thing has got to go I am so sick of it.

http://www.iwindsurf.com/windandwher...orecast+Graphs
    From what I have heard and reports I have seen, think you nailed it Derald! (Did I ever tell you I hate the wind!) Have had my schedule cleared for prime time casting last 10 days and it was prime time wind or mud. For us guys that don't have the big boat to run to the border in 3-4 footers for clean water it stinks. And the forecast I just saw calls for another 1.5 - 2 inches rain in the Maumee basin next couple days. Not good.

But to put it in perspective, read the story in today's Toledo Blade about the loss of a life during the Mills Sailboat Race Friday night. http://www.toledoblade.com/local/201...ail-event.htmlSo tragic and sad. There will be better and safer days to fish.