Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye Conneaut walleye
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Conneaut walleye

Planning to move my boat to Conneaut tomorrow. Any info on how and where will be appreciated. I'll post as soon as I have something worthwhile.

Smile

Jack at Snug Harbor told me where the fish are this AM. Starting just west of the Oh/Pa line at the 05N line and trolling with the waves to the NW, I limited out and even threw some fish back. All I can say is everything worked and there were always marks on the screen, something I hadn't seen this summer until now. How sweet it is......

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    were always marks on the screen, something I hadn't seen this summer until now. How sweet it is......
    I agree, We haven't had a full screen all year.

Dr. Do you remember what depth the 05N line is?
    20' Sea Ray

The depth drops from 58' to 74' as you move north from the 05. The fish are stacked in the 74' depth and I mean 20' thick below the 50' level. It is a sight to behold. Start your search about 1/2 mile north of the perch pack. You should have no trouble finding the school. Hot pink willow harnesses worked best for me. I'll be back on Thursday. Ch.14

Thanks Doc.
    I normally fish out of Walnut but this year has been tough. We didn't mark much last weekend.

Conny isn't that much farther of a drive and we do have the Ohio license so this weekend maybe we will head over. We can't do Thursday (work) but if your out Saturday I will give you a call.
    20' Sea Ray

Default Conneaut Labor day

Looks like the weather might corporate for Labor day. Is there any recent reports from Conny?
    We've been fishing mostly Walnut so this will be our first trip out of Conny.
    20' Sea Ray

Start north of the perch pack, around the 055 and troll north. Ch. 14. Dipseys with meat have worked best.

Default Labor day report

I killed the bass today, I bet I caught 50. Tons of bass and 1 really large Sheephead, 9.5 lbs.

Doc, I started NE at the 69 foot mark and trolled North to the 76 foot. Marked tons of fish at the 69' but ran out of them quick. No eye's. Came back in to the 69' and trolled East to the Pa line. Only takers were Bass.

Pulled lines and ran to about 6 miles West of the Marina in the 70' of water. Trolled East staying in the 70 - 73 foot. I did manage to pull two eye's on the second leg. But tons more White Bass.

Pulled crawler harnesses mostly but ran some sticks in the morning. Fish seemed to be between 55 to 60 foot down.

Maybe I was out too far???
    20' Sea Ray

Pulled 6 eyes on the 33W line between the 06N and 07N. Biggest fish came on a DDRR Easter Egg 270' back on wire with a 1 1/2 oz in line sinker in front of a 5' leader. A Deep diving blue herringbone and silver Junior Thunderstick back 234' on wire with a 2 oz in line sinker took one. The rest came on my homemade worm harnesses, hot pink willow blades and single purple Colorado blades back 111' to 144' on Dipsies on a 3 setting. With all the marks on the sonar, I cannot believe we didn't catch more fish. I'm still looking for answers and in the meantime I'll be happy with any walleye that will grace my table.

10. Default Fishing Monday

Gonna fish for walleye on Monday out of either conneaut or geneva. Any thoughts or suggestions..? Could fish anywhere actually PA or ohio...