Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors Stock Bandit Colors
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by mikecat13 View Post
    I just bought a bunch of DJs customs for this year but ran all stocks last spring my hottest colors were fruit dots followed by blue chrome.

If you don't already know, as soon as you get them cut the split rings and hooks off and throw them away and replace with your favorite aftermarket hook and ring. I use VMC but that's up to you
    Did DJ change the hooks on his customs?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Did DJ change the hooks on his customs?
    He does, I don't know what brand he replaces them with but he told me he does replace them.

Strand he told me last year he did not change them. We had great luck with purple mist this fall. We have never had a hook or ring failure. But there must be some reason ppl want to change them, I did hear thst some ppl have had issues with the metal part the ring goes through pulling out of the body of the bait, maybe this is why the hooks are a little softer, better to replace hooks the ruin the entire bait???? I am sure someone alot more knowledgeable than me will chime in

Brahman, the hooks on the Bandits are just very weak and tend to bend and even break. I've not had one break off while fighting a fish, but I can't count the number that have bent and broken when talking a fish off, especially if the hook gets into bone.

I thought I had heard DJ replaced them as well but I compared some of my DJ's and stock baits last night and couldn't see any difference. I have broke some with a pliers if not careful taking a fish off.

So what hooks do most ppl use to replace these......my customs look like my stk colors too. All I do know is those things are crazy sharp, they stick to and through everything, even my RS net that is coated can't keep them out, and are fight to get them out too

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    So what hooks do most ppl use to replace these......my customs look like my stk colors too. All I do know is those things are crazy sharp, they stick to and through everything, even my RS net that is coated can't keep them out, and are fight to get them out too
    I've had good luck with VMC. Same hooks as the stock DDHJs.

I read about the bandit hooks, thought to myself I've never had a problem...next trip out had several break, lots bend, and a couple split rings stretch lol. So then I replaced them all

I've had good luck with the stock hooks. I wouldn't replace them until needed. I haven't lost a fish due to the hooks. I will say it depends on how you take them out the fish. If you are one to grab the hook with a set of pliers and shake to get the fish off...you may want to upgrade.

9. Default

I asked DJ custom yesterday at the expo while picking up some more and he does not replace the hooks or rings

Not sure what DJ you talked to but he most defiantly replaces the hooks and rings.