looking for advice looking for advice looking for advice looking for advice

Default looking for advice

i am going to be throwing shallow diving crankbaits{Rapalas,Thundersticks,ect
    ;} from shore this weekend near Sandusky.does anyone know of any spots not on private property.also,what are the hot colors this time of year?Any thing in particular I should be made aware of?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shoremaster View Post
    i am going to be throwing shallow diving crankbaits{Rapalas,Thundersticks,ect
    ;} from shore this weekend near Sandusky.does anyone know of any spots not on private property.also,what are the hot colors this time of year?Any thing in particular I should be made aware of?
    You might try the area behind the S.P.D. next to the Headboat "Clevelander". It's part of Battery Park and parking is free. I see folks fishing off there a lot. Ask around some of the larger Marinas, I recall people fishing off there but don't know if they still allow it.

Thank you very much I will look into it

Default Shore fishing locations...

Quote Originally Posted by shoremaster View Post
    Thank you very much I will look into it
    The best spot would be the Huron pier but water temps have kept the fish deep and to the east in cooler water. Jackson Street pier in Sandusky or Battery Park by Damon's Restaurant. November is the best month to catch trophy walleye from shore as they chase bait fish into the shallows. Lakeside pier has also been productive in the past. Good luck!

thank you very much for the info,do you happen to know if these piers are open night thru morning? Meanwhile keep your lines tight and your coolers plentiful!

24 hour access....no fees...free parking! If this wind ever stops , I'd offer to take you out on the boat! The west wall of the Huron pier is quite a hike but very productive when the fish are in.
    Last edited by karlheinz3; 10-18-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karlheinz3 View Post
    24 hour access....no fees...free parking! If this wind ever stops , I'd offer to take you out on the boat! The west wall of the Huron pier is quite a hike but very productive when the fish are in.
    thanks for sharing your knowledge,very very much appreciated and if by any chance your in the chicagoland area and want to do some salmon, trout,steelhead fishing,or any species for that matter,hit me up on this site or email me at [email protected],if I can help you I will!