Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16 Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16 Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16 Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16

Default Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16

Ben, Dennis, and Doug met me at my house this morning, because they were driving in this morning, and coming from the west, so they had to pass right by my house anyway.
    I have fished with Ben and Dennis for many years now, so I surprised them with some homemade buttermilk biscuits smothered in venison breakfast sausage gravy. The sausage was given to me from a Wisconsin crew I had out this past spring, and it's very VERY good!

After they enjoyed a hearty breakfast, we loaded into the truck to head to Mazurik's for a day of perch fishing. We launched at 6:45 and headed up to the spot up on the north side of North Bass that I had been fishing this past week.

The bite was slow, but we managed 25 before moving west to the next red can up on the line, that we call "Taco Bell". There were a half a dozen boats scattered throughout the area, so we just watched the Helix until it told us there were perch on the bottom and set up.

They were biting a little better there, and the size was very good, but it was still not a fast bite. We moved around the area 100 yards at a time, just trying to stay on top of a school that would bite. We would catch 20 or so, and then move. It was like catching 5-6 pretty quick, and then waiting for 15 minutes to catch another bunch real quick....only to have to wait again. It was frustrating. Just when you think they are going to "go"...they stop....ugh. lol

The hot sun, and lack of breeze, made it very hot up there, so I suggested we take a ride and try another area. At least we could cool off on the ride.
    We ended up looking for perch over by Lucy's point, and found some in 37-38' of water, a little NE of the green buoy. There was a light ENE breeze, so it wasn't as hot on that side of the islands, so that was nice. They finished out their limit, and we headed in.

So, you can see it wasn't a fast bite, but they did bite, and no one was complaining about the size.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled to Monday, due to the weather forecast.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16-fishing-ben-dennis-doug-9_9_16img_7410-jpg Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16-fishing-ben-dennis-doug-9_9_16img_7413-jpg Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16-fishing-ben-dennis-doug-9_9_16img_7405-jpg Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16-fishing-ben-dennis-doug-9_9_16img_7401-jpg Fishing with Ben, Dennis, and Doug 9/9/16-fishing-ben-dennis-doug-9_9_16img_7408-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice fish, but I bet the gravy was better, I'm a sucker for gravy and biscuits lol! Hope to get out there when the water temps drop, good luck and thanks for your entertaining post Frank.

Blog Entries

Default Ben, Dennis, Doug...

To the Veteran in blue, last photo...."Welcome Home"!

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Ben, Dennis, and Doug met me at my house this morning, because they were driving in this morning, and coming from the west, so they had to pass right by my house anyway.
    I have fished with Ben and Dennis for many years now, so I surprised them with some homemade buttermilk biscuits smothered in venison breakfast sausage gravy. The sausage was given to me from a Wisconsin crew I had out this past spring, and it's very VERY good!

After they enjoyed a hearty breakfast, we loaded into the truck to head to Mazurik's for a day of perch fishing. We launched at 6:45 and headed up to the spot up on the north side of North Bass that I had been fishing this past week.

The bite was slow, but we managed 25 before moving west to the next red can up on the line, that we call "Taco Bell". There were a half a dozen boats scattered throughout the area, so we just watched the Helix until it told us there were perch on the bottom and set up.

They were biting a little better there, and the size was very good, but it was still not a fast bite. We moved around the area 100 yards at a time, just trying to stay on top of a school that would bite. We would catch 20 or so, and then move. It was like catching 5-6 pretty quick, and then waiting for 15 minutes to catch another bunch real quick....only to have to wait again. It was frustrating. Just when you think they are going to "go"...they stop....ugh. lol

The hot sun, and lack of breeze, made it very hot up there, so I suggested we take a ride and try another area. At least we could cool off on the ride.
    We ended up looking for perch over by Lucy's point, and found some in 37-38' of water, a little NE of the green buoy. There was a light ENE breeze, so it wasn't as hot on that side of the islands, so that was nice. They finished out their limit, and we headed in.

So, you can see it wasn't a fast bite, but they did bite, and no one was complaining about the size.

Tomorrow's trip has been rescheduled to Monday, due to the weather forecast.

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    To the Veteran in blue, last photo...."Welcome Home"!
    Wow I missed that! Yes! Welcome home Salmon, you look like a guy from my time.
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav