Winds and Planning Winds and Planning Winds and Planning Winds and Planning

Default Winds and Planning

Trying to put a group together for a couple of days perch fishing in the Port Clinton area this weekend. After looking at several weather locations on the internet I'm all confused. Some say high winds some say great, what website do most of you find to be more accurate then the others? How do you local fishermen find the best source? We are spending $$ for lodging and meals because traveling over 3 hours is rough getting up that early. Any help in predicting the weather for this Sunday and Monday is deeply appreciated. Thanks and keep up all the great information.

Right now NOAA and Iwindsurf.com are calling for the same winds Sunday and Monday. Looking like Sunday am could be rough but the afternoon through Monday is forecasted as nice and calm.
    I always go by Iwindsurf.com and find it much more reliable then NOAA. I never ever trust NOAA for a wind and wave forecast and I try to get out weekly. Of course all this could change as you get closer to the weekend.

Blog Entries

Default Weather ?'s

Quote Originally Posted by Moldman View Post
    Trying to put a group together for a couple of days perch fishing in the Port Clinton area this weekend. After looking at several weather locations on the internet I'm all confused. Some say high winds some say great, what website do most of you find to be more accurate then the others? How do you local fishermen find the best source? We are spending $$ for lodging and meals because traveling over 3 hours is rough getting up that early. Any help in predicting the weather for this Sunday and Monday is deeply appreciated. Thanks and keep up all the great information.
    Try: wunderground.com, iwindsurf.com, NOAA, usually about half right at best. Even WJR AM radio 760 out of Detroit might give you a heads up especially when things are developing back that way and heading east. It's a very powerful station and can be picked up off Sandusky/PC area with no problem.

If you look at several weather sites and predictions you will probably find one you like, then toss a coin

Hope you get good weather;
    Last edited by D.D.E.; 09-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Iwindsurf is my first go to. I typically use the weather buoy on Iwindsurf to find worse case. Also pay alot of attention to the predicted wind gust. Then look at other weather stations...accuweather...etc. NOAA is usually the last thing I look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Eriegardless View Post
    Iwindsurf is my first go to. I typically use the weather buoy on Iwindsurf to find worse case. Also pay alot of attention to the predicted wind gust. Then look at other weather stations...accuweather...etc. NOAA is usually the last thing I look at.
    I travel 100 miles to the dot. I have not had one bad prediction with www.buoyweather.com . I have read other sites that said the water was fine, only to find that I should have listened to bouyweather. Its not rocket science, and its not perfect science, but for close to 10 years its been very reliable for me. "Note" this is only wind, wave, and swell predictions. Thunderstorms, rain, etc. are not part of the prediction. One complaint I have is that sometimes the locations change the measurements into differing increments. I like it when it states 2 ft at 3 seconds etc. this changes sometimes not sure why.
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium