First trip up on new boat First trip up on new boat First trip up on new boat First trip up on new boat

Default First trip up on new boat

It started out with bad luck from the start plus I was nervous anyways because of being my first time operating a boat on lake Erie although I have been on the lake many of times just not behind the wheel so with that being said the problems started the night before which was this past Saturday night I hooked the boat up to the truck to find the tail lights weren't working on the trailer as I looked at the wires I found several different splices so I started there to find nothing wrong and by 1:30am I found that it was the wires on my truck that were bad eerrr!! Finally got to bed at 2am and woke up at 4:30am made my coffee finished putting the last few things in the boat and headed off to pick my brother up and then to the lake. Got a couple miles down the road went to reach for my coffee and it wasn't there I had left it on the bench in the garage? Strike 2.... Got to Toussaint about 7:30 put the boat in the water and went to start it when I noticed the key was in the on position!!! Went to start it yep it was dead luckily I have a back up battery switched it over and she fired then off we went got about 300 yard from ramp as my brother was still messing with the depth finder which I told him come on I need to know what depth I'm in? But it was too late as I found myself stuck in the mud...... Strike 3....After several minutes getting out of that we were on our way to open water and finally to our destination which was out front of Bessie in 14-16FOW. 8:30 I made my first cast and BAM fish on from there our luck turned around and ended up catching 9 Walleye by 10am. We were using purple and green hair jigs tipped with shiners and casting into the wind and all the strikes were within the first few cranks using a quick snap up 6-8 inches off the bottom. All in all its turned out to be an awesome day my main focus was getting on and off the lake safely and the Walleye was a bonus. Oh and thank you pimplepounder I figured out with your help how to post pics. Lol...First trip up on new boat-img_20160424_141852765-jpgFirst trip up on new boat-img_20160424_100953511-jpg

Good job. Keep it up.

nice size fish

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY JOE View Post
    nice size fish
    Thanks, all Jack's full of milk biggest 2 were 25".

Well done!
    I know exactly how you feel about getting on and off the first few times, it can be nerve racking

Awesome job!! Keep it up.. I guess I know who's boat to fish next to..

Great read...you captured the moment! Great job!
    Captain Greg
    Walleye2go Sportfishing

Great job! It's always nice when a trip starts out under Murphy's law and ends up great! Much better than the other way around!