shiners, perch and walleye? shiners, perch and walleye? shiners, perch and walleye? shiners, perch and walleye?

Default shiners, perch and walleye?

My brother-in-law and I are going up to Catawba tomorrow and Friday. Any tips on the following:
    1. Are there any shiners available at Rickards or HiWay Bait?
    2. Are they still catching perch off Lakeside? We were there 10 days ago and did real well. Decent size perch.
    3. Would like to troll for walleye. Any suggestions? We trolled about 10 days ago 3 miles east of Kelleys and got only 2. Saw only a few marks that looked like they could be walleye. I've heard of a bite east of Cedar Point towards Huron, but would rather not run that far.
    Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    My brother-in-law and I are going up to Catawba tomorrow and Friday. Any tips on the following:
    1. Are there any shiners available at Rickards or HiWay Bait?
    2. Are they still catching perch off Lakeside? We were there 10 days ago and did real well. Decent size perch.
    3. Would like to troll for walleye. Any suggestions? We trolled about 10 days ago 3 miles east of Kelleys and got only 2. Saw only a few marks that looked like they could be walleye. I've heard of a bite east of Cedar Point towards Huron, but would rather not run that far.
    Thanks for your help.
    Fish for perch.... "H" can has been good to me..... use whatever you can get ,,, shiners or chumbs....Fish On~!

If you can't find shiners at Hi-Way or Rickards, check BayView (419) 684-5750, on the other side of the bay just down from Terry's Tavern (or whatever it's called now, I heard it sold..) BayView has been pretty consistent with the emeralds this year. We perch'd off Lakeside last weekend to stay out of the wind, and did pretty good. Most fish 7-10", one was 13 3/8". Walleye? East of Cedar Point is the best I've heard of lately, but there hasn't been enough people walleye fishing to really track them down. Good luck!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Thanks for the suggestions guys.