PIKE Fishing PIKE Fishing PIKE Fishing PIKE Fishing

Thread: PIKE Fishing

Cool PIKE Fishing

I know this forum is for walleye fishing, but I want to go 12 to 14 hours and take my boat and catch some large pike. Can anyone give me location and lodging information for catching large pike in upper wisconsin, minnisota, lower canada area. I hope I didn't break any rules asking this question.

I know you didn't mention Michigan, but there are two areas in Michigan which have exceptional pike fishing. Bodi lake in the UP is good and Fletcher's floodwaters/ pond in the LP. A word on Fletcher's, there are some huge bluegills to be caught there also.

HYPO

I would reccomend osullivan lake. It's farther prob 16 hours. But the walleye pike and lake trout is out of this world. I think the website is osullivansrainbow.com. I've been there 6 times now and it's no big deL to catch a hundred fish a day. Without trying to hard

Quote Originally Posted by HYPO View Post
    I know you didn't mention Michigan, but there are two areas in Michigan which have exceptional pike fishing. Bodi lake in the UP is good and Fletcher's floodwaters/ pond in the LP. A word on Fletcher's, there are some huge bluegills to be caught there also.

HYPO
    No offence but I wouldn't waste the gas driving to Fletcher's for pike. Myself and a group of 8-16 guys have been fishing there nearly every year for about 20 years. We used to do well, good numbers and usually a few 30"+ fish. The last 5-6 years we haven't caught a 30" fish. This year (early May) we had 4 boats (9 guys) fishing 3-1/2 days and 2 of the 4 never caught a fish at all. These are all guys that have been targeting pike for our whole lives so they know what they're doing. Just my opinion. The bass fishing in Fletcher's is pretty good though. Next year we will be going somewhere else. We had the Les Cheneaux islands near Cedarville in mind. Its on Lake Huron about 45 minutes east of 75 after you cross the bridge. This group doesn't want to drive the 12-14 hours to MN or WI so we are sort of limited to Michigan. Plus several of them are residents of MI so... Let us know where you decide to go and how you do.