Fishing with the Takos Men 7/26/14 Fishing with the Takos Men 7/26/14 Fishing with the Takos Men 7/26/14 Fishing with the Takos Men 7/26/14

Default Fishing with the Takos Men 7/26/14

Back on the 17th of this month, I took Andy Takos and his wife Tasha out for a little walleye action out of Huron, and that was the day Tasha caught her first fish of her life...and, it was a "Fish-Ohio". Today I took Andy and his Father Steve out for some walleye fishing and had another good day. No "Fish-O's" today, but we did catch their limit of nice eaters all in the 3-5 pound range.

It was a tougher bite today than it was the last time Andy fished with me, but we still managed to pick one up here and there between all the whities that were stealing our crawlers. We lost a couple big piggy fish, that just didn't hook up very well, and came off before we could even see them.

We started out in front of Sawmill, and got 8 before we ran out of time on their 6 hour trip, so I offered the option of adding an hour to move over to the Cranberry area, and they took the option. We set up over there and fished 38-39 foot of water, running the harnesses with the same program high up in the water column. 1oz 41-51 back and #2 Tadpoles 35-60 back. We also had a bottom bouncer out for a while, but removed that when all it did was feed the white perch our expensive crawlers over and over again.

A friend of mine on Facebook, Scott Keeley, had sent me some custom colored cranks that he wanted me to try out for him, so after I took the bottom bouncer out of the line up I sent the shad styled bait out 70 feet (12' down) to see what it would do. Scott asked me what color I would like them painted, and I told him, "Pink Lemonade". He did a nice looking paint job on them and I was happy to try them out for him. It wasn't out 5 minutes and took a nice plump 5 pound fish. I set another one out on the other side, but we only fished for another 20 minutes, before we finished up with their limit, and headed back in.

If you're headed out that way, be wary of huge floating logs, and keep a look out for them. That can be very dangerous for "go fast" boats.

I only got the one picture of Andy and the sunrise, because the junkfish were keeping us busy throughout the day, and then when we got back to the launch, and transferred the fish to their cooler, I was busy wiping the Huron River grime off my hull, and completely forgot to get a picture of him with his Dad...my bad.

Tomorrow's trip is up in the air right now. The couple fishing with me was supposed to be at my house at 8am, but the forecast is calling for showers and thunderstorms "likely" after 11am....right in the middle of our 4 hour trip. I don't mind fishing in the rain, but when there's lightning, it's a "no go". And, I can only go by forecasts...so, I'll see if they want to make that call tonight, or wait until the morning to see what the radar looks like.

Anyhooo....I'll keep ya posted...

Stay tuned....

http://www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com/Blog.html
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Default fishfinders

Buddy just got a lowrance 8 hds, can anyone that has a lowrance unit get a snapshot of a school of perch. Would make it a lot easier to distinguish if he knows what to look for. We saw a lot of just red blobs on bottom but didn't get much, any help will be greatly appreciated, Mike